PDA

View Full Version : Valeriy

ManInBlack
01-14-02, 11:29 AM
Hey everybody,

I can't remember who i've told and who I haven't, but Valeriy (vuh-LARRY) is here in our house in Coushatta. We went and got him from Houston yesterday and got in last night around midnight. He's here and we're trying to find stuff to do (sorry i'm horrible at things like this) for today, since Momma's working on what to do for his schooling.

The following information is for those who are yet uninformed. Valeriy, who is from Ukraine, is here in the US for a series of surgeries to repair a bilateral cleft palette (meaning he has no soft palette in the roof of his mouth) and a few other things. All surgery and other medical help is donated, as was his plane ticket over here. Anyone willing to donate clothes and such would be majorly appreciated. Valeriy is about 6' tall but I don't really have any sizes or measurements. Still, all help is appreciated.

Valeriy doesn't speak a whole lot of English, so this whole American thing is pretty new to him. Due to his complication, he can't speak Russian very well, so we have to be patient in teaching him English.

Valeriy's problem was recognized and acted upon by the help of Helping Hands International out of Corpus Christi, Texas. They run a Christian camp in Ukraine for the kids there and use that as a method for rounding up those who need surgery. He and many others with physical & mental deformities are considered "flukes" by the general population there, and those who can't fend for themselves are left in the cold.

Thanks everybody for your prayers and support in this time. God bless all of ya'll.

Blessings,
Zechariah

P.S. We appreciate any and all offers for help, but please run them all through us before acting upon them. We've been through this kind of thing before and sometimes people with good intentions ruin things for everybody else. If you want to, you can call me or my parents, John & Dawn, here at 318-932-6260. After Thursday the 17th, I'll be back in Baton Rouge, so if you need to you can reach me there at 225-709-7131.

grandpa
01-14-02, 08:21 PM
:angel: Father, Here is a situation that has many needs. Grant that people near and far who can help--Will. Give healing to this person who cannot help himself. Bless all who are ministering to him. Agape. Grandpa.

Marilyn
01-14-02, 09:13 PM
Thank You Lord for making the way for miracles in this life! Thank You for Your awesome provision and intervention! Halleluiah!!!

Ann
01-14-02, 11:49 PM
Father thank You for Your love for Valeriy and for opening the doors for him to come here and to get the help he needs. Thank You for Zach's family and their willingness to open up their hearts and home to him and for the doctors and everyone who treat him. Please guide them all and give them wisdom and success. Please met each need especially the clothing and the need for school and things to do. And especially please Father draw Valeriy by Your Holy Spirit to come to really know the Lord Jesus Christ as his own personal Savior. Thank You.

ManInBlack
01-15-02, 10:53 PM
Okay, here's the official measurements on Valeriy:

height: 6 feet 0 inches
weight: 110 wearing boots
shirt size: XL
waist: 29"
inseam: 35"
shoes: don't know yet...but big.

Blessings,
Zechariah