PDA

View Full Version : Heaven

AhmaBeliever
01-12-02, 05:40 PM
Q. -(A Self Proclaimed "Atheist" asked me : )---Eternity is a real long time to sit around praising God. What else will there be to do in Heaven?
--------------------------------------------------------

We wil be in absolute Awe and Wonder at the Glory of the Lord .All that He has Created from the Smallest atom to the Vastness of the Universe and beyond is the Evidence of His Glory.When that Glory is revealed to us , we will finally know how small we are , but also how Tremendously Big is His Love for us.

Heaven is not just " our own personal cloud to sit on with a harp ".Heaven has many things we condsider "physical".Such as Mansions , Crowns , Food and water .

John 6:31
Our forefathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written: `He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'

2 Corinthians 5:1
Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

Colossians 1:16
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

There is a city :

Revelation 21:2
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Hebrews 12:22
But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

1 Peter 1:4
and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you,

2 Peter 3:13
But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

Revelation 19:1
After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

Romans 8:18
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

Matthew 13:11
He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you

Matthew 8:11
I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Deuteronomy 28:12
The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of His bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.

Matthew 6:20
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

1 Chronicles 29:11
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.

Matthew 5:12
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

There will be rewards:
Matthew 5:19
Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

My wife is a pre-school teacher , so she is very glad to hear there will be Alot of Children in Heaven :

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

There wil NOT be anything evil:
Luke 10:18
He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

There will be Forgiveness:
Luke 15:7
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

cujo95
01-12-02, 11:55 PM
Here are the words of a Christian song I really love:

"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by your side.
I can only imagine what my eyes will see, when your face is before me.
Surrounded by your glory, What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine when that day comes
And I find myself standing in the Son
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you"

"I Can Only Imagine", by Mercyme

What else will we do in Heaven?
We may not want to do a whole lot else except praise and glorify God.

cujo

ManInBlack
01-13-02, 12:47 AM
When I get to Heaven, I'm gonna sing sing sing
I'm gonna let the Halleluyahs ring
I'm gonna praise my blessed Savior's name
When I get to Heaven, I'm gonna sing sing sing
-- I'm Gonna Sing Sing Sing, Hank Williams Sr.

:)

Blessings,
Zechariah

VG8XP80
01-17-02, 12:52 PM
Hey Man IN Black, wasn't that originally sung "when I get to Glory"?
Anyway, I've always thought of Heaven in much the same way as Ahmabeliever. But, I wonder about some stuff as well. Like the children. I never thought about that verse as specifically siting or proving there will be children in Heaven. Who will these children be? Whose children?
When we get glorified bodies, in what state will they be? If you died as a child, will you forever remain a child? If you died weighing 800 pounds and standing only 5 feet, will that be your state of glorification?
Plus, why worry so much about Heaven? We won't be there that long anyway will we? Most of eternity will be spent on the New Earth won't it?

Orpheus42
01-17-02, 03:16 PM
Certain philosophers have believed that the perfect shape is the sphere and so that our "soul bodies" or glorified bodies will in fact be spherical. Personally, I think that's a bit odd, but...

Rory- I think it's hard to gain any kind of a picture as to what exactly it will be like, seems to me like it's an awful lot of symbolic language and all that stuff about New Earth is an attempt to explain the unexplainable just as much as "streets of pure gold" and all that. That is, basically the point is that it will be awesome, it will be new (that is, perfect, not like the old), and that it will be home. Other than that, I don't think we can really get any specifics out of it. Maybe if you could post some relevant scriptures regarding the "new earth" I could respond a little more adequately.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

VG8XP80
01-20-02, 01:38 AM
I think we can get some specifics. Why not have the streets be pure gold? Revelation 21 describes the city. It even gives measurements, and a list of some of the materials used. Why these exact measurements if it was all symbolic? The dementions are symbols of what? If you ask me, they're measurements, nothing more or less. The new earth is mentioned at the beginning of Rev 21. also II peter 3, which I think was referring to the latter part of Isaiah 66.
Anyway, I suppose we'll be spending time in Heaven the city, but also I suppose we'd spend a little time out of it as well if he's going to bother making a whole new earth. Heaven the City will descend to the new earth.
We always say we'll live in Heaven forever, which is true, but we'll live on earth as well.

Vinnie
01-20-02, 11:42 AM
I forgot the specifics but the "dimensions" of heaven seen in Rev 21 seemingly would defy the laws of physics or something. Hugh Ross said something about/like that. Some believe Rev 21 implies the laws of physics will be different.

VG8XP80
01-20-02, 05:28 PM
Maybe so, maybe no. After all, we can't figure out how to build a pyramid either.

Orpheus42
01-20-02, 06:04 PM
Well, WE can build a pyramid, we just can't figure out how the Egyptians did it ;)

As for actual thoughts regarding the topic... I don't have any right now because my brain is fried on Henry IV. Perhaps later I'll get a chance to make an intelligent contribution to this thread ;)