PDA

View Full Version : Christian Raves

rave2472k
01-12-02, 12:28 PM
[FONT=arial][COLOR=blue]
:argue: AmplifiedLife.net is a network that consists of individuals, ministries, & businesses with the common interest in the christian electronic/rave music scene. Currently we're needing help in various areas especially passing out flyers. We are currently looking for people who also have that same interest. Contact: AmplifiedLife@Hotmail.com

Candice
01-13-02, 04:17 AM
hmmm interesting... a christian rave would be very cool...

AgentPhyte003
01-13-02, 02:47 PM
What is a rave?

Candice
01-13-02, 03:56 PM
*shakes head* a rave is an underground clubish dancing party... it's usally changes location each meeting, it usally involves drugs and alcohol at great levels, and lots of techno/hardcore music and usally is very dark with lots of black and floresent lighting as to make the drug reactions even more great.

ummm that's about it, I think

Orpheus42
01-13-02, 08:43 PM
I would assume a Christian rave would be devoid of drugs and alcohol ;)

Candice
01-14-02, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Orpheus42
I would assume a Christian rave would be devoid of drugs and alcohol ;)

well he asked what a rave was not what a Christian rave was...

a christian rave is devoid of drugs and alcohol as you said and it also plays christian and non lyrical music but no secular lyrical music. :biggrin:

Deliriou5?
01-15-02, 06:09 PM
Be warned....

Even though these are Christian Events, and I whole heartedly support them, as I am a "CHRISTIAN" raver myself, you WILL see some interesting things.

The one I went to recently, One guy was dressed in a Giant Baby Sleeper with Pig Tails and a Pacifier, and one Guy was dressed Like Abe Lincoln. Here is the Cool part. The DJ was mixing the music in the Baptismal!

I love it though!

diWarLord
01-20-02, 09:02 PM
You are so wrong to assume that every rave has drug use.

Orpheus42
01-21-02, 06:31 AM
I didn't see the word "every", I saw "usually".

diWarLord
01-21-02, 10:48 PM
She's wrong about usually as well. Raves have been wrongly steriotyped with that assumption.

Candice
01-22-02, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by diWarLord
She's wrong about usually as well. Raves have been wrongly steriotyped with that assumption.

Well here in Tulsa any of the raves I've heard about have had drug use in them although not always wide use but someone always seemed to do drugs or come drugged up. Then again that was school to, someone was always high. *shrugs*

Orpheus42
01-23-02, 04:16 PM
Most raves I've seen involved moderate to heavy drug use (that is, anywhere from 20 to at least 50% of the attendees). However, I don't assume that just because someone is a raver he's a druggie- I know many frequent ravers who never touch the stuff.

Candice
01-30-02, 11:50 PM
ditto jase