PDA

View Full Version : My Truck

Flannel Avenger
01-10-02, 03:35 PM
I just replaced the thermostat on my truck. The Engine was running cold and so the heat was not warm and I was cold. And now the Truck runs warm, and the heater works again, and I won't be cold. While I was doing this, I removed the old 180 degree thermostat and replaced it with a 195 degree thermostat...

More power!! (Tim Taylor more power grunt)

:D

Vinnie
01-11-02, 03:11 AM
On a similar note, I finally got the cd burner working on my lap top :D

Ann
01-11-02, 03:26 AM
It must be cold in Raleigh
And colder still in Waterbury if Vinnie is burning CD's to keep warm. How many BTU's does your laptop put out per CD?

Breni Sue
01-11-02, 03:49 AM
My husband's 'Stang could take on Flannel's truck any day! :D
And don't forget what happened every time Tim Taylor tried to give something "More Power"! :rofl: ;)

Multimom
01-11-02, 09:24 AM
Hey Breni:

Your hubby drives a 'stang. So does mine. 1987 model. Old but fast. I love the stupid thing, turns on a dime and smokes anything on the road.

I one the other hand am relegated to a 1994 Chevy Van, (ahhh the joys of parenthood.)

Flannel Avenger
01-11-02, 02:49 PM
I love my Chevy, no Ford dares mess with it. Mustangs are stupid. Camaros are real cars. And lets not forget the Corvette :D

I got a CD burner for my computer with my Christmas money :D
I also got a Zip 250 USB powered so I can carry a zip disk to the computer lab at school and be able to read it at home.

Breni Sue
01-12-02, 04:00 AM
I love my Chevy, no Ford dares mess with it. Is that a challenge?? :biggrin:Mustangs are stupid.Camaros are real cars. And lets not forget the Corvette
Is that why the Mustang is the #1 sportscar in America?? :p

Chevrolet - Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time

Ford - First On Race Day :biggrin:

LeAnn, my hubby just sold his LX and bought a old notchback Mustang. I don't know the year though. Once he soups it up I am sure it will be a monster! :cool:

He tried to talk me into getting a 'Stang, but I opted for a new red Focus instead. Cruise control, 6 CD changer, overdrive 5-speed auto transaxle, tons of room... sporty but practical. Me likey very much. ;)

angel_Eyes74
01-12-02, 12:17 PM
I know this is how you feel about Fords Ford - First On Race Day I always heard that Ford stands for Fix or repair daily :rofl:
I've had enough of them that it just seems to be what the Fords that I've had seem to stand for hehehe. :rofl:
Then again, maybe you just bought better Fords then I did, lol.
Take care and God Bless,
angel_Eyes74

Flannel Avenger
01-12-02, 12:38 PM
FORD: Found On Road Dead

Mustang is the number one sports car in America because women think they look cute, but they have lost the soul of the sports car. As evidenced by the loss of the legendary 5.0L engine.

And, for the record, my truck has almost 250,000 miles on it, and it still runs good :D BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Breni Sue
01-12-02, 02:45 PM
This is Bren's husband.
My Mustang would smoke any new LS1, whether it be on the drag strip or in the curves. And I had far less than $26,000 into it. I don't even think the new Vettes could hang with me when I get the engine done in my Coupe.

Found on road dead? I don't think so. I bought a brand new Camaro in 1989. Less than 24 hours later the linkage came loose and the car rolled out of it's parking spot into oncoming traffic. Luckily it survived. 2 weeks later the whole Computer harness fried and the interior went up in flames. This was a brand new car. It was in the shop more than 10 times in 2 months. So, I sold it and vowed to never buy another cheap built pile of garbage from Chevy again. I've never had a Ford leave me on the side of the road. Ever.

Oh, and as far as them being the most popular because of the female admiration they get, I think that goes for Camaro's more than it does the Fox body Mustangs. Take a count of how many women you see on the road driving Slomaros vs how many guys you see. :D

---------------------------------------------------
1988 Coupe
1994 351W, Canfield stage II aluminum heads, Victor 5.8L intake, 1 3/4 Kooks headers, 3" Bassani exhaust, F303 cam, 3.73 gears, TKO tranny, more
Twin turbo coming very soon.

Smoking Chevy's and getting 20+mpg

Breni Sue
01-12-02, 02:59 PM
Oh vey! I think I started something here! :eek: :rofl:

I always heard that Ford stands for
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fix or repair dailyHeeey, whose side are you on anyway? :redhotmad ;)

Flannel Avenger
01-12-02, 04:09 PM
Of course you realize, this means war

Breni Sue
01-12-02, 04:35 PM
Bring it on!! :biggrin:

This is Bren, BTW! ;)

Breni Sue
01-12-02, 05:58 PM
Bren's husband again
You drive a Chevy truck, which isn't that bad. But sticking up for Camaro's, that is. You need to go buy an 87-93 Mustang and tinker around with it. I know of a lot of GM guys that have been converted to loyal Ford owners just by owning a Mustang :D

ManInBlack
01-12-02, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Flannel Avenger
Mustang is the number one sports car in America because women think they look cute, but they have lost the soul of the sports car. As evidenced by the loss of the legendary 5.0L engine.

Flannel, would you rather be married to a woman or a car?

Don't answer that...I know you'll opt for b ;)

Blessings,
Zechariah

Flannel Avenger
01-12-02, 08:39 PM
:angel:

Michele
01-12-02, 11:03 PM
:rofl:

Breni Sue
01-12-02, 11:11 PM
Who says he has to choose? My husband is married to both me and his car! ;)

ManInBlack
01-12-02, 11:17 PM

Blessings,
Zechariah

Orpheus42
01-13-02, 09:21 PM
My Camaro would have smoked it ;) Alas, it is no longer mine... :(

Originally posted by Kyrie Eleison
My husband's 'Stang could take on Flannel's truck any day! :D
And don't forget what happened every time Tim Taylor tried to give something "More Power"! :rofl: ;)

Vinnie
01-13-02, 10:57 PM
My 2001 Saleena S7 will smoke anything you bring against it :cool:

Vinnie
01-13-02, 10:58 PM
Who am I kidding? I do not own a $400,00 car LOL

The property taxes are high where I am. Heck, the taxes just to own the car might be more than I make in a year but I'm not calculating it :eek:

Orpheus42
01-13-02, 11:14 PM
:eek:

Vinnie
01-13-02, 11:47 PM
:rofl:

I forget but I think it goes over 200 mph .... and is the fastest in the world.

Not that I would ever go that fast if I was driving one :rolleyes:

:angel:

:devil:

Orpheus42
01-14-02, 12:02 AM
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ;)

Flannel Avenger
01-14-02, 01:01 PM
If I had $400,000 to spend on a car, I would get a Winston Cup racecar and try to run the Daytona 500.

Orpheus42
01-14-02, 02:57 PM
$400,000 would probably buy you a frame and maybe a motor ;)

Flannel Avenger
01-14-02, 03:09 PM
All I really need is the motor, the rest I can wrangle :D

Orpheus42
01-14-02, 03:23 PM
Good call, hehehe

You might be able to beat my trip home from Evansville (45 minute drive) in 22 minutes ;););)