PDA

View Full Version : Scarry stuff!!!!!

Lee
01-08-02, 10:56 PM
Hello,
I dont know how many of you guys visit the discussion board,but they keep some scarry discussion going on and i would highly suggest if your not 100% rooted in the word of God and i mean Rooted!!!!!!, and sold out to eternal life, and fully persuaded that God is God ect..............You would be doing youself a great justice to stay away from it..
Peace and Love
Lee

Vinnie
01-09-02, 12:46 AM
I think its all in the rules:

"These kinds of forums are not for the faint of heart. If you do not like to have your ideas challenged, or if you would prefer to discuss issues where you will find collective agreement amongst your peers, this may not be the forum for you. As of now we have a mixed bag with a wide varity of beliefs in here ranging from strong atheism to strong fundamentalism!"

Do you think that can be expressed better?

Vinnie
01-09-02, 12:47 AM
We recently changed the name so no new people get confused about the nature of the board. We hope it will help keep only those with the desire to discuss going in there.

Lee
01-09-02, 11:24 PM
Just posted that for the young Christians that might be on board, I know fom experience that when you start this walk you need to stick strictly to the sincere milk of the word that you may grow with God. I didnt really mean to imply that the board was set up wrong, speaking for myself, it does not take much on this computer to confuse me, but it has nothing to do with the format you guys have layed out!
Peace and Love
Lee

Orpheus42
01-10-02, 01:37 AM
Are you saying a new believer should completely avoid any and all challenges?

Breni Sue
01-10-02, 02:52 AM
I think it really depends. I know that when I 1st became a Christian, (or rather, "made it official"), I was told by this one man in my church to be very careful, because the 1st year or so is the most difficult faithwise. Satan knows he is losing and will try even harder to gain us back. So I pretty much had a clue as to what to expect in the outside world.

I was actually quite naive when I started out. Growing up in the area I did, I had never really known any atheists. So I was somewhat shocked when I went to my 1st message board (not this one) and found a lot of people practically flogging me for sharing my opinions. I was not used to being confronted by those who did not believe in God and having them ask me to justify my opinion. :confused: It was, admittedly, scary to start with. But I remembered what that man had told me, and I refused to allow these people to shake me faith. As I got to learning more about the bible, the better I was able to stand up to them. Ultimately, I was able to face their challenges and in the end, strengthen my faith.

So again, it depends. Now, in no way am I saying that those who avoid confrontational debate are weak or uncertain in their beliefs. There are many other ways we can strengthen our faith in God. As the forum rules state though, ODD is not for everyone. If a person is uncomfortable having their beliefs challenged in this way, then I would strongly urge them not to participate.

Lee
01-10-02, 06:58 PM
Kyrie,
That was very well put, and for the most part i would have to agree with you. I know when a situation presents itself to you and you see where standing in defence of the Gospel will prove to be edifying to one or more of the partys involved, it's a no-brainer that's what you must do. If you look up debate in the Kjv; youll find it's not often used in a positive way, and all to often because debates are not carried out for the right purposes people wind up hurt and this is not what the Gospel is all about..
Peace and Love to all!!!
Lee

AgentPhyte003
01-11-02, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus42
Are you saying a new believer should completely avoid any and all challenges?

You don't put a new army recruit with the Green Berets right away, basic will be challenging enough

Vinnie
01-11-02, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by AgentPhyte003

You don't put a new army recruit with the Green Berets right away, basic will be challenging enough

That is the route I took :eek: