PDA

View Full Version : Doctrine of Christ

Lee
01-06-02, 11:21 PM
2John 9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ hath both the Father and the Son.

As best as i can tell Doctrine is pretty much the thing that seperates denominations in the Christian community. I would like to hear what you guys feel that doctrine is and the denomination if any that you attend.

Lee
01-08-02, 10:28 PM
Surely you guys go to Church somewhere????

Nicole
01-08-02, 10:32 PM
I don't think ANY denomination has it 100% correct - even mine - though I'm not quite sure what they're wrong about - because I haven't researched all of their doctorines - but as far as the right doctorine - it better line up with scripture, but then there are different interpretations of scripture - so yeah, it's all confusing!

I go to a southern baptist church

Lee
01-08-02, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by heavenlyprincess
I don't think ANY denomination has it 100% correct - even mine - though I'm not quite sure what they're wrong about - because I haven't researched all of their doctorines - but as far as the right doctorine - it better line up with scripture, but then there are different interpretations of scripture - so yeah, it's all confusing!

I go to a southern baptist church

Hey, Iwas brought up in a southern Baptist Church, but it wasn't till later in life that i researched exactly how they believed, its kinda funny all those years in church and i had no clue ( No realy its not very funny!) anyway dont be confused, confusion is the work of the devil, Just seek the Lord with all your Heart ,strength and mind and everything will come together like a puzzle...

Peace and Love

Lee

Nicole
01-08-02, 10:55 PM
Oh, I'm not saying I'm confused - well I am sometimes :)

I'm saying that the fact that people can look at the same scripture and get so many different meanings from it baffles my mind!

what denomination do you attend now?

Lee
01-08-02, 11:16 PM
Maybe this will better help you understand, God has so set the bible up to be a puzzle and the key to putting it together line upon line is a pure and sincere heart you can never go wrong being truthful with God!!!! The book of Is 28. 9-13 It's spoken a lot more eloquently than i could ever put it. Somewhere in peter he spoke about private interpetations, I think he said there were none, any way this is why you see so much confusion,The bible is to those who are sincere a Road map to live forever with the Lord!!!
Peace and Love
Lee

CHARLES T
01-09-02, 07:55 PM
just wondering what denomination you belong to?