PDA

View Full Version : Visions of Flannel

Multimom
12-31-01, 10:43 AM
I must confess that when I hear the name "Flannel Avenger" I have this vision.

A tall skinny guy with black hair. He has on a black mask like Zorro except that he's running through the board in his flannel pajamas and an old flannel blanket for his cape and to finish off the picture, he's wearing his house slippers.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"hug a redneck and it turns to mush."

Flannel Avenger
12-31-01, 11:47 AM
Actually, I'm not particularly tall, and I'm definitely NOT skinny :D

I also have brown hair.

Vinnie
12-31-01, 12:23 PM
Like a rock, The Tyrant is as strong as.... :D

Breni Sue
12-31-01, 02:14 PM
I would still like to know why he is avenging flannel! :rofl:

You are right, Flannel, you are neither tall nor skinny!

*Bear-hugs Flannel*

You are a big pile of mooshy goo! :p

Flannel Avenger
12-31-01, 10:21 PM
I have explained the origins of my username before :D

Vinnie
01-01-02, 12:11 AM
I was as strong as I could be. like a rock...

The Tyrant's Anthem :D

Flannel Avenger
01-01-02, 12:15 AM
You're trying to draw out the Chevy guy, aren't you?

Vinnie
01-01-02, 12:16 AM
:angel:

faeroeisle
01-01-02, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Flannel Avenger
I have explained the origins of my username before :D
i missed it.

Flannel Avenger
01-02-02, 11:30 AM
ooh, you missed a good story :)

Ann
01-03-02, 02:31 PM
If the board on which it was posted is stoill active you can find the post by clicking on search at the top of almost any ilj page and then entering poster's name, subject or key words, etc. There are simple fill in the blanks directions.

Ann
01-03-02, 02:32 PM
If the board on which it was posted is stoill active you can find the post by clicking on search at the top of almost any ilj page and then entering poster's name, subject or key words, etc. There are simple fill in the blanks directions.

PS I thought if you hugged a redneck he turned to grits not mush

Vinnie
01-03-02, 11:58 PM
Ann gave good advice and all but there are other options :eureka: Find yourself a qualified Tyrant and convince him to order the mush...err grits (?) to retell the story ;)

angel_Eyes74
01-04-02, 09:26 AM
LOL,
I just came back on here after being away for a while, and I MUST say that I LOVE this board! You are all so funny and I love you all!
I love having a place to come and talk with other Christians! :)
Keep up the GREAT work in this forum guys and gals! :rofl:

Breni Sue
01-05-02, 03:54 PM
Hey angel eyes! Nice to see you around here again! I hope you be joining us more often. :)

And don't worry about us Tyrants! As long as you don't break any rules (or like to wear flannel! ;) ), you will not be subject to our wrath! :D

As a resident Tyrantess, I demand that the Flanneled one tell us the origins of his name. :smash: :p

HeatherlyButterfly
01-06-02, 06:16 AM
flannel... i'd like to hear... i missed it last time too i'm afraid.. and you can't have Miss Flannel 2001 (me if you'll remember) not knowing where Mr Flannel's name originated! :o so please do tell us a story!

Love in Christ,
heather raye

angel_Eyes74
01-06-02, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the welcome back Kyrie! I do hope to come in here more often, I love it now that there is a place where you can just talk to fellow Christians without debating anything! :biggrin:
Oh, and I would also like to know where that name came from, I missed that too where you explained it!
Take care all and God Bless,
angel_Eyes74 :angel: hehehe

Flannel Avenger
01-06-02, 06:12 PM
hmm... I sense a business opportunity....

Give me your credit card numbers and I'll tell the story :D

Breni Sue
01-06-02, 06:20 PM
Hey, no solicitation on the boards! Are you forgetting that the Tyrant and I are allies? :stinkeye:

I could always have him make up a story! :p ;)

Flannel Avenger
01-06-02, 06:30 PM
I'm sure that he would be more than happy too.

It would probably be something about perfectly good fabrics being captured by evil and tormented until they too, were twisted and evil.

But it wouldn't be true :D

HeatherlyButterfly
01-06-02, 07:34 PM
so you need to tell us the real story before he corrupts our minds.

Breni Sue
01-06-02, 09:06 PM
I have a feeling it is far too late for that! :rofl:

HeatherlyButterfly
01-06-02, 10:07 PM
shhhh! *whispers* i knew that! i was hoping he hadn't realized it yet... and then it would be motive to corrupt us first!

*smiles innocently*:angel:

butterfly
01-06-02, 10:21 PM
Doesn't it have something to do with veggietales and the evil Polyester Boy? I can't remember the whole story though. I think the origin of Flannel's name comes from the same place as Calenders (yes, calenders that's not a typo) and this mysterious Butterfy person. :stinkeye:

butterfly
01-06-02, 10:58 PM
Well, I did a search, I didn't find the meaning for Flannel, but I did find out his real name! Flannel suits him more though so I'll keep calling him that.

~SiLk AvEnGeR~
01-07-02, 01:51 AM
Greetings. Fear not friendly patrons. Should this Flannel fellow bother you I will take care of him :smash:

:D

Breni Sue
01-07-02, 02:24 AM
Sile Avenger - Perhaps thou canst enlighten us as to the real story behind this mysterious avenger of flannel and his mission. Your cooperation will be much appreciated.

Flannel Avenger
01-07-02, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by butterfly
Well, I did a search, I didn't find the meaning for Flannel, but I did find out his real name! Flannel suits him more though so I'll keep calling him that.

That's impossible.

The Tyrant
01-07-02, 07:25 AM
The Tyrant hereby bans Silk!

Orpheus42
01-07-02, 10:48 AM
We've been over this "The Tyrant" business already.... :rolleyes:

Flannel Avenger
01-07-02, 11:29 AM
I'm just letting Mr. Silky know that 2 can play that game.

Breni Sue
01-07-02, 01:24 PM
We all know the penalties for impersonating the Tyrant! :smash: :p

Multimom
01-09-02, 10:00 AM
Flannel:

Please tell us the story again. I personally missed it and as a kid who grew up in small town usa in the south, I'm interested in anyone who refers to himself as the "great red-neck hope"

Flannel Avenger
01-09-02, 01:29 PM
Well, it's actually not much of a story. I wore a lot of Flannel shirts in high school (I went to a Private Christian school, we had a dress code, all the guys had to wear collared shirts, and Flannel has a collar and it's warm). Anyway, Home Improvement was big then (here's the Al Borland influence) and my fashion sense got made fun of a lot. So, I figured I'd channel the association I had with Flannel into something that didn't sound so pathetic, hence: The Flannel Avenger. And that's pretty much it.

The Great Redneck Hope thing is pretty simple to. My family is full of rednecks, and I have a big ego :D

HeatherlyButterfly
01-21-02, 01:41 AM
that was a great story.. you're awesome! hehe.. funny too... thanks for sharing!

trixiepup
01-22-02, 11:19 PM
heehee.

i went to a christian school too, and we all wore flannels too. of course, it was mainly to cover up our immmodest logo tshirts that would cause humanity to crumble.

your personality reminds me of some of the theater techies i worked with....most notably a red haired guy with freckles who was the sweetest guy around.