PDA

View Full Version : any music people?

beautifultoHim
12-28-01, 03:31 PM
I was just wondering if anyone in here played an instrument and what it was, how long you've played, etc. Me, I play piano and I've done it for about 9-10 years. I would love to learn violin. Presently, I am attempting to convince my 21 year old brother to let me have his old accoustic guitar. He plays really well and has a voice to match. He keeps trying to convince me to sing at church with him. ok, so that's about it. Oh yeah. Any music or performance majors?? ok bye

butterfly
12-28-01, 06:19 PM
Prepare to be swamped! You can't walk two centimetres without tripping over a musician in here. :eek:

Nicole
12-28-01, 06:22 PM
:rofl: at cath!

Vinnie
12-28-01, 11:04 PM
I'm going to copy this to the music forum for you ;)

Check it in there!

CalledByGrace
12-28-01, 11:58 PM
Well..I play the piano by ear, a little guitar, clarinet, and I sing.

Orpheus42
12-29-01, 02:04 AM
I play a few instruments :biggrin:

*deep breath*

saxophoneguitarpianobassdrumsethnichanddrumsmallet instruments (breaking the line so it doesn't stretch too far across the screen)

banjomandolinclarinettrumpettromboneFrenchhorn (which is NOT really French!!!) euphoniumtubabassoonukelele

And I'm going to learn the violin when I get back from England in April (and I'm supposed to teach my sister guitar but if she doesn't stop annoying me I'm just going to steal it) because I got a violin for Christmas. And I sing. Tenor. I also plan on learning pedal steel

Music = fun. :biggrin:

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Vinnie
12-29-01, 02:09 AM
Music = fun.

Interesting. I never knew you liked music :rolleyes:

Orpheus42
12-29-01, 02:43 AM
:rofl:

Oz-Jen
12-29-01, 05:08 AM
Bass guitar & ahhhhhhhhh bass guitar........MY NEW bass is going to make his debut at church tomorrow.........sigh................he is sooooooooooo beautiful!!!!

:angel:

CGC
12-29-01, 11:59 AM
Piano- 8 years
Cello- 5
Guitar-1
Singing-14 :)

KyRam
12-29-01, 10:25 PM
I play acoustic guitar. I've played maybe 3 years or so.

VG8XP80
01-04-02, 02:45 AM
I was a music performance major for 2 years. Piano was my primary instrument and sax was secondary. Quit college in order to persue music more full-time. I recorded an instrumental CD in Nashville last year. I'm currently working doing live shows and studio work locally, within the Dakotas mostly. I've been hired as a musician, producer, and arranger on 2 albums in the past year. On these albums I've played:
acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo, keyboards, sax, recorder, melodica, percussion, and backup vocals. I also play harmonica, a small bit of fiddle, a smaller bit of pedal steel, and a few odds and ends.
Just a warning Jason: violin is hard. Pedal steel is even harder. I hope you get one that's set up right. Mine wasn't; and I had one heck of a time adjusting all the rods and pedals and such to get them all to move the right amounts when you activated them. Coordination is more important, and more difficult, than drums.

John in the VW
01-04-02, 11:52 AM
I play CD's.

Nicole
01-05-02, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by John in the VW
I play CD's.

:rofl: me too!

Orpheus42
01-05-02, 09:36 PM
I had a hard time keeping my hands relaxed when I first tried to play fiddle, so they cramped up. I have really small hands and if I don't keep them really really relaxed I have problems with that on any instrument. I never said I thought it was going to be easy ;)

This semester I'm going to have a lot of time to myself so I brought a lot of piano music, hoping to get my chops up. While all the other kids are out at the pub I'll be jamming ;)

I tried to play my dad's pedal steel a couple of times and it's not easy but I think I can pick it up. I think I need to adjust the rods and pedals. I also need to get a tall chair and raise the pedals a bit higher, 'cause it's difficult for me to reach everything since I'm a bit short.

Hey Rory, where can I pick up your stuff? When I get back in the states I'd like to hear it.

Jason

faeroeisle
01-05-02, 10:12 PM
i sing a bit, if that counts for anything. i also play any instrument handed to me, just not good. not good at all.

crossrhythm
01-07-02, 05:00 PM
I play a variety of instruments, including drums, bass, clarinet, dobro, four-string banjo, mandolin, accordian, harmonica, melodica, recorder, piano, guitar, and Jew's harp. I'm a music minor, with emphasis in percussion.

faeroeisle
01-08-02, 01:22 AM
wow... talent. :)

Breni Sue
01-08-02, 04:15 AM
I played trumpet in high school, but I am a bit rusty. I can also play a little bit of piano, which I have pretty much taught myself off and on over the years. Although the only thing I have trouble with is coordinating my left hand with my right! :rofl: I got a Casio electronic keyboard for Christimas so I have been practicing just about every day.

VG8XP80
01-08-02, 07:24 PM
Right now my stuff is only available directly from me or from Depot Music Productions. They're working on being able to do online orders, but they aren't set up for that yet.
Hopefully by the time you get back to the States they will.

Orpheus42
01-08-02, 07:53 PM
That would be cool. Keep me posted.

Jason

Phantom Tuba
10-27-02, 06:05 AM
saxophonetrumpettrombonebaritonetuba

*is sad cause her magical and mystical jackelope is sick*

Orpheus42
10-31-02, 01:33 PM
Woah, old thread alert! :D

Laura
10-31-02, 04:25 PM
Buahaha. I wanna add something.. SOOO...

All Saxophones, Piano, Singing, Baritone, Tuba, bit of guitar.

Kittycat
10-31-02, 10:31 PM
gazoo

InvisaChick
11-01-02, 12:08 PM
I loved music in high school, but there's not much time anymore.

I play clarinet now, but I know how to play bass clarinat, flute, viola, marima, bells, vibraphone, xylophone, and a bit on French horn.

Clarinet is where I started and that's what I play most of the time anyway. It's my favorite of all of the ones listed.

Subtotal
11-04-02, 01:32 PM
Drums, spoons and gutbucket.