PDA

View Full Version : Though None Go With Me

Nicole
12-27-01, 03:24 PM
anyone read that book by Jerry B. Jenkins?

My brother got it for me for Christmas - I absolutely love it.

Basically it goes through the life of a lady - from childhood to about 65.

When she is 13 she makes a committment that she wants to live her life as an experiment in obedience to the Lord. She was born in 1900 - so the time frame goes through the Wars - and the depression and all that stuff.

Anyway - this lady never did anything "spectacular" nothing that she would receive great recognition for - or fame - nothing like that. She just lived her life trying to follow God. She messed up - she doubted - she sometimes felt like giving up - but she didn't. She went through many trials and struggles - but still she just obeyed.

In the end - she is given a gift that shows her that she did indeed make an impact - even though she never did anything "huge."

I like the book because so many times the "heroes of the faith" are potrayed as the ones who go to a third world country - or travel all over preaching - or something like that. But this lady just LIVED - and she still made a huge impact!

That's how I want to live - sure it would be cool to do something "big" but really - I just want to LIVE for Jesus. I was having a conversation with a girl once..and we were talking about epitaphs and such - I said I wanted mine to say, "She loved Jesus." She said that's not enough - you have to do stuff - she said she wanted to great things (which isn't bad). But, I mean really - no matter how "big" what you do is - isn't the most important thing just that you love Jesus?

Vinnie
12-27-01, 10:53 PM
Hey now, you better post this in the movie forum too :smash:

Multimom
12-28-01, 10:56 AM
Princess:

The book sounds so good, I'm going to go out and buy it.

;)

Breni Sue
12-28-01, 11:36 AM
But, I mean really - no matter how "big" what you do is - isn't the most important thing just that you love Jesus?
Absolutely! :love:

Nicole
12-28-01, 12:02 PM
yay LeAnn - you'll love it!!!

*goes off to copy thread to music/book forum for Vinnie*