PDA

View Full Version : what scripture helps you most?

Ann
05-05-16, 05:34 PM
what scripture helps you most?

Paulo
05-05-16, 08:04 PM
Don't really have a specific one. I find if I start reading any of the 4 Gospels though it cheers me up because it's literally Good News. Same for Acts really. The other day I just wanted to check something early on in Acts and found I ended up reading all the rest of it.

Paulo
05-20-16, 10:44 AM
What about you, Ann?

Bob Carabbio
09-07-16, 11:15 AM
what scripture helps you most?

In terms of PERSONAL value - the passages starting with Peter's Proclamation that HE'D DIE for Jesus!!!! Jhn 13:
37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.
38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The Rooster shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

The ISSUE is "Inside", and "Outside" truth.

Pete really BELIEVED his brave proclamation, but Jesus KNEW that it was nothing but "Outside truth", and had NO SUBSTANCE. And he was preparing Peter to know the same thing shortly.

And then the terrible day, Peter runs from a servant girl in fear, and the Rooster Crows.

Then John 21 - and Jesus puts the question to Peter "Lovest thou me (agape)"

And Pete answers NOT with "Agape", but with "Phileo" - essentially: "Not really, but I AM Fond of you, Lord".

Peter has LEARNED where he REALLY IS - what the "INSIDE TRUTH" of his condition. No more "Brave, but meaningless Proclamations" - just harsh reality.

And Jesus says "Feed my sheep" - provide ministry to my people.

The Jesus asks "Agape"?, again, and Pete answers "Phileo" - Feed my Lambs

BUt the THIRD TIME - Jesus asks "Phileo"? and Peter is proken - "you KNOW MY HEART - "Phileo" is where I am.

"Feed my Sheep".

The implication appears to be that if Pete is going to get from Phileo to Agape as his "inside Truth" - Ministering to others is the path that'll get him (and by extention us also) there. SO Ministry to others is beneficial to the ones ministered to, and ALSO to those who DO minister.

And Jesus asks ME - "Agape"?? But "Phileo" is all that's there -

Ann
09-07-16, 12:42 PM
For so many of us Bob for agape begins and ends in Christ

Ann
09-07-16, 01:39 PM
Paulo day to day keeping me going Matthew 5:44 less them that curse you which is a plain matter of survival and one you hear me reference a lot. Isaiah 43 1-3 on e of the many fear not.

Paulo
09-07-16, 07:59 PM
Paulo day to day keeping me going Matthew 5:44 less them that curse you which is a plain matter of survival and one you hear me reference a lot. Isaiah 43 1-3 on e of the many fear not.

Yeah I know, Ann. Don't forget to breathe deeply when dealing with difficult people, can help a lot.

Ann
09-07-16, 09:15 PM
Ty

Paulo
09-07-16, 10:22 PM
reading poetry can also help calm the mind. there are lots of great free resources online!