PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

Vinnie
12-26-01, 01:23 AM
First off, I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!!

So what did everyone do? What did you get (if you exchange gifts)?

My Christmas was good and bad..... :spin:

Vinnie
12-26-01, 01:39 AM
For gifts I got some clothes, a new cross (mine got stolen) a gift certificate to the mall, some money and a couple of other things.

I got this cool shirt that says :Psyche Ward on it with numbers underneath it. Its real fitting :D

I Went to Grandma and Grandpa's (fathers side) on Christmas Eve. Had a dispute with my mom on the way over so I went alone. Then I went back to get her with my aunt in her car and we brang her there. Then I left for a few to get something to eat as I was hungry and don't eat fried smelts, tunafish-sauce-spaghetti or bacala :umm: My dad called (from prison) while I was out. I was supposed to go see him on sunday but never did and he was supposed to call back but never did. I went to my grandmas (mother's side) on Christmas day. My dad was supposed to call but he didn't. I was supposed to visit him on sunday but never made it :(

Well, my uncle didn't go to my grandma's (he gets depressed around Christmas) which made us sad and my mom was kind of messed up and went later as I couldn't find her in the afternoon. Other than that everything was okay. Got to see my aunt and uncle from wisconsin,:) went to my bosses house (he got a sweet house) and I got to spend time with some of my family and friends. I also talked to my uncle in Cali, my uncle in jail and my aunt in Atlanta which was cool! I also got to see my three cousins I don't see much anymore. I found out my first cousin just moved back from Mass two weeks ago.

Also, we all chipped in and got my grandma a computer and she was CRYING when she opened it. She really wanted one so that was cool. We played it off real good too! Though my grandpa on the other side of the family almost let the cat out of the bag :eek: But she totally didn't expect it! To give is truly better than to receive ;)

My inbox will quintuple now :eek: :D

Oh yeah, her cat was acting very strange. He was given way too much catnip :eek: :D

Breni Sue
12-26-01, 02:15 AM
LOL, yeah, cats are like that!

I love your shirt too! I have one that says "I'm not suffering from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!" :biggrin:

I do hope you get a chance to talk to your Dad soon though. That really stinks! :(

Mine was good and bad as well. But I will get the bad part out of the way first.

We were suposed to have Christmas Saturday at my aunt's house because she had to work Christmas and really wanted the family together. Well, obviously due to the restraining order me and my hubby have against my sister's husband, he could not be there. (Long story for those who are not familiar with it!) Now he has this thing about having the kids around Kevin (my hubby, who is far from being a threat!). So he told my sister that if he could not be there for Christmas, the kids (4 and 20 mo.) couldn't either. Which got my aunt upset because she was really looking foward to seeing them, me and my Mom mad because once again he was attempting ruin things for everyone, and the kids crying their eyes out because they wanted to go. So my sister calls me and says that her husband has come up with this "oh-so-wonderful" plan that the kids could come down only if Kevin stayed home, and of course I was the one who had to bear the news. Which put me in the rather unfortunate position of choosing between my sister and my husband. Kevin ended up saying that he didn't want to go. Which I know he really did want to, but I honestly believe that he only did it for the kids' sake and not because her husband was trying to play the bully. (he is very well-known for trying to manipulate people and playing one off the other to his advantage) So it was OK, I guess, and the kids had fun. And I got to see my cousin that I have not seen since my wedding. But it just was not the same because I wanted so badly for him to be there, since this would have been the 1st time in 4 years that we have all gotten together like this. I appreciate him making a sacrifice like that, but I know that her husband sees this as him getting his way. Hopefully it will not be this way next year. Of course, Kevin says that if he comes for next Christmas, he won't. *sigh* it never ends! :(

We did end up having a small get-together Monday with just my folks and me and Kev, so I supose things did not turn out too bad. (His family does not celebrate Christmas, although they are still Christians)

On a happier note, I did get some pretty neat stuff. The best of all being a Casio Electronic Keyboard that Kevin bought for me. It has a ton of cool sounds, and you can hook it up to the computer and create MIDI files and stuff. It also has pre-programmed songs in the memory, and the keys light up telling you which keys to press, or it plays on its own. They even have the "Star Wars" theme. It sounds neat! :) I have been toying around with "Fur Elise", because Kev says I will never learn how to play it on my own. So now my goal is to master the song just to prove him wrong :2cool:

I also got another bible cover, a devotional book about women and prayer, candle and bath set, a Strawberry Shortcake sweatshirt (don't laugh, they do make them in adult sizes!), and bunch of other stuff I am sure I am forgetting.

OK, I will stop ranting now! :)

Lois 2002
12-26-01, 10:16 AM
I had a wonderful time this Christmas. I actually had three different Christmas celebrations and everyone of them was awesome in their own way.

The first celebration....

I went down to VA to spend an early Christmas with my best friends' family. Marie has two kids...a 10 year old girl and a 7 year old boy. Their grandparents blessed them so much with all kinds of goodies. :D

Before we started our journey, Marie and I prayed that hearts will be open and ready to receive us. Marie and I are all about Jesus and have had some difficulties towards our belief. Marie and I strive everyday to work on the things we can change about ourselves. There are some hard feelings in Marie's family because she moved up to NJ with her husband (now a soon to be ex) four years ago. They are upset that she's still living here even after her husband has left. They've been kinda blaming me for keeping her from them. It's a long story...but that's the gist of it. I didn't think I could change them...but I knew I could change the way I acted towards them. Amen? So with that said...and that being the desire of my heart...I planned on having the best time in Virginia.

This was my first time down for the holiday's and I decided to leave the "I don't like Lois because she's keeping my daughter and grandbabies from us" chip at home and decided to be ME. I have to admit that in the past...I've acted kinda funny with them because I knew they wished we weren't so close and that Marie would move back home. What they don't realize is...Marie is HOME. :D She loves it up here for more reasons than our friendship.

Anyway!!! Our visit was so sweet! We were comfortable together...I didn't care what they were thinking about me...and I walked in LOVE. I let the past go and I pressed on.

One night we went to her dad's and step mother's house and I did the same thing. I was myself and I didn't care if they saw the closeness between Marie, her kids and I. Guess what?? It worked! I didn't realize the effect I had on everyone. I was doing anything different with Marie and the kids...but everyone commented to her that I was a pleasure to be around. That they saw the love I had for her and her family that it made them feel better about her being so far (5 hours away by car) away from them. They saw the sweetness in me coming out...and they enjoyed my company. The funny thing is...I was all of those things last year and the year before that...but the difference is I didn't bring the peace and love with me back then...I brought a CHIP.

So...all of those harsh feeling towards me were out the window before I left Va. It was awesome!! They embrassed me and gave me their love back in return. I had been a big help to them during their party instead of running out of the kitchen because they made me feel uneasy. I stood firm and knew as long as God and Marie were on my side...nothing would be impossible. :D

My second celebration....

Marie and I decided to open our gifts on Saturday night. We had made a wonderful dinner, played with the kids and then we had our own time to open up or gifts. Love and Jesus were represented all over the presents. We unwrapped the gifts of Christ. I don't know about all of you...but I hope and pray that you have a best friend who sticks closer than a brother. Marie is a gift sent from above...and one day I'm sure I'll share about that topic as well. :D God's hand was all in that devine connection. :D

Now for the third celebration...Christmas Day!

Marie, her kids, my sister and I celebrated with Smoked Ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, Italian Wedding soup, stuffing, corn and bread. YUMMY! We were so full I'm still feeling that way today.

When it came time for dessert...I could only eat a sliver of the Brownie Cheese Cake. :( We had all kinds of cookies and yummies that I thank God for left overs. :D

We had peace, love and joy flowing among us and I'm blessed to have them in my life. My brother and his wife did not come and my dad and his wife are in CA with my other sister for the holiday's but if I were to do things all over again...I would have done it the same way.

God is good and he is good all the time.

butterfly
12-26-01, 02:44 PM
My Christmas has been awesome so far! It didn't start off too great cause my sister spent the whole day in her room and refused to talk to anyone, but she did come out at about 9pm and opened her presents. Then, the most shocking thing of all happened, my sister and I actually started having a conversation (for those of you for whom this sounds weird, we haven't had a civil conversation in over a year) and we stayed up until 1:30am just talking! I mean, it was all just trivial stuff, but it was something. Out of everything I got, THAT was the best Christmas present. :) I also got a couple of books (the Odyssey and the Iliad), a bath towel, 3 rubber stamps, a stamp pad, embossing powder and some shower gel (fruits and passions...it's REALLY nice!) We're having our Christmas dinner today (we find it too stressful to try and have a big dinner on Christmas because of all the services my dad has). It's a wee bit tense because last year my dad walked out and refused to have dinner with us, something about being too stressed, but this year he's been told that he's not allowed in the kitchen so hopefully that will help! Oo, oo they're letting me make the apple crisp! :biggrin: *shakes head* What fools these mortals be! Muhahahahahaha!!!!!! :devil:

Lois 2002
12-27-01, 11:00 AM
I thought you might enjoy this NL I received in my mailbox about forgive and forget. I hope this NL helps someone this holiday season. :D

"Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him...Until seventy times seven." (Matthew 18:21-22)

Remember when...? That's a question we hear a lot this time of year. Reminiscing with family and friends, we browse through Christmases gone by, enjoying the memories until inevitably, we stumble across the memories we would rather forget.

Suddenly, the pain comes rushing back. The sting of a parent's
criticism, the broken promise of a friend, the rejections, the
disappointments, the heartaches...

What should we do with memories like that? Do we have to drag them along, like so much baggage, from year to year?

No. We can leave them behind. In fact, we must leave them behind. And there's only one way to do it--through forgiveness.

Forgiving someone sounds like a simple thing to do. Yet few of us actually do it. We treat forgiveness as if it were one of life's additional options, something we can take or leave alone. But it's not. It's a basic requirement for every believer. In fact, as far as God is concerned, unforgiveness is wickedness. And in Matthew 18, Jesus tells a parable that illustrates the terrible consequences of it. The parable
involves a servant who owed his lord a debt equivalent to millions of dollars. When the debt came due, he pleaded with his master, "Lord, have patience with me and I will pay thee all." His master was so moved that he canceled the entire debt!

Soon after, that same servant sought out a man who owed him $15. Finding him unable to pay, he ignored the man's pleas for mercy and had him cast into prison.

When his lord heard about it, he was incensed. He called him a wicked servant and delivered him to the tormentors until he paid all that was
due.

Look again at the size of that unforgiven debt. Fifteen dollars. The little debts are the ones that most often trip us up. The petty resentments between husband and wife, between brother and sister. Tiny bits of unforgiveness that seem too insignificant to bother with.
Beware. Those are the kinds of debts Satan uses to torment you.

After all, Jesus paid off a mountain of debts for you. You can afford to be generous about the nickel and dime debts of others.

Spend time with the Holy Spirit, allowing Him to reveal the
unforgiveness in you. Then repent and release it. Make this Christmas more than just a time for remembering. Make it a time to forget.

Kenneth Copeland
SCRIPTURE READING: Matthew 18:21-35