PDA

View Full Version : miserable

janny108
07-17-10, 08:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am here on TDYn with 3 other girls from my office and I'm miserable. They are always complaining about this or that and plus the school is hard. I have one week to go and I'm not looking forward to that. They let me drive one car (they have the other one) and I was sort of freaking out being in a new town. One girl was even saying I'm not in charge of you, and I thought duh of course not. She is kind of young and a pain you know where, in fact 2 of the girls are like that and I don't even want to be in their company. Whereas in my class there are girls from another office, but they've known each other for years and they get along. In my office we've known each other for 2 months or less and it's bugging me.
How would you handle this?

Ann
07-18-10, 06:50 AM
Jan, every job has some parts of it that just plain stink. That's why they have to pay us to do it. Things are designed in ways that the organization for which we work thinks are best for it not in the ways that most please me or you or any other one individual. Sometimes our own attitudes affect the attitudes of the people around us. Their attitudes are affecting you and very probably your attitude is affecting them too. It is not the way you'd like things to be but it is only one more week. Meanwhile you have the opportunity to pray for these people and to set a good example of kindness and cooperation ans at the same time of not being a doormat. Some of the things you are complaining about may be happening because as you said the person is young and in a new setting and is uncomfortable herself and maybe overcompensating.

The best way I know to get through things like this is to remember Romans 8:28 -31. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? " Pretty much nobody wants to just drink vinegar but mix it with molasses or brown sugar and other ingredients and it can make a very good BBQ sauce. Life can be like that too. Taken alone they seem really yuck but when God gets the whole of our life put together we see what he was creating or maybe we only see some parts of that when we see Him face to face. In my work life some of the parts of jobs I have liked least have been the things He used to make it possible for me to get and do the jobs I liked best. One in particular I hated just about every second of but just being there was where I heard about the job that I probably liked best of any I have ever had and the reason that job hired me was that I had the other job I hated. Another time I worked for a newspaper selling ads but the writing and production production on the paper was a problem and since I was on commission and obviously wasn't going to get paid unless the paper came out I worked a lot of involuntary overtime helping with that. I would have quit if there had been any other available jobs. In my mind the only real blessing of the job was that I got to see the help wanted ads before anyone else in town. That meant being around talk I didn't want to hear out of the mouths of people I didn't have anything in common with and didn't particularly want to be around but the skills I learned opened other doors and one of the people that I liked least there once did me a favor that really made a difference for me and he never would have if I hadn't been doing all the extra stuff.

A friend of mine used to keep perspective by thinking how whatever was getting to her compared with other things that could be happening and said it made her thankful that what was happening with her was less bad. She had a job she didn't much like but she said at least she had a job so she could pay her rent so she had a place to live, and food, and clothes. She hated riding the bus to work but she said it got her there when her car broke down and that meant she could save up for a better one rather than being stuck to spend nearly $1000 to try to fix the old one knowing something else was bound to break down on it. She had bad allergies and used to fuss about them till she went to visit her brother at the VA hospital and saw people who had arms and legs gone or head woulds to the point they were struggling just to learn to function. She said that kind of thing helped her realize that a lot of the things that bothered her were a whole lot less bad than what could be happening and reminded her to thank God for the blessings she did have. Maybe trying to think of things a little like that would help you. Sometimes it does me or at least reminds me to be thankful and not concentrate on the bad stuff.

janny108
07-18-10, 10:41 AM
Jan, every job has some parts of it that just plain stink. That's why they have to pay us to do it. Things are designed in ways that the organization for which we work thinks are best for it not in the ways that most please me or you or any other one individual. Sometimes our own attitudes affect the attitudes of the people around us. Their attitudes are affecting you and very probably your attitude is affecting them too. It is not the way you'd like things to be but it is only one more week. Meanwhile you have the opportunity to pray for these people and to set a good example of kindness and cooperation ans at the same time of not being a doormat. Some of the things you are complaining about may be happening because as you said the person is young and in a new setting and is uncomfortable herself and maybe overcompensating.

The best way I know to get through things like this is to remember Romans 8:28 -31. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? " Pretty much nobody wants to just drink vinegar but mix it with molasses or brown sugar and other ingredients and it can make a very good BBQ sauce. Life can be like that too. Taken alone they seem really yuck but when God gets the whole of our life put together we see what he was creating or maybe we only see some parts of that when we see Him face to face. In my work life some of the parts of jobs I have liked least have been the things He used to make it possible for me to get and do the jobs I liked best. One in particular I hated just about every second of but just being there was where I heard about the job that I probably liked best of any I have ever had and the reason that job hired me was that I had the other job I hated. Another time I worked for a newspaper selling ads but the writing and production production on the paper was a problem and since I was on commission and obviously wasn't going to get paid unless the paper came out I worked a lot of involuntary overtime helping with that. I would have quit if there had been any other available jobs. In my mind the only real blessing of the job was that I got to see the help wanted ads before anyone else in town. That meant being around talk I didn't want to hear out of the mouths of people I didn't have anything in common with and didn't particularly want to be around but the skills I learned opened other doors and one of the people that I liked least there once did me a favor that really made a difference for me and he never would have if I hadn't been doing all the extra stuff.

A friend of mine used to keep perspective by thinking how whatever was getting to her compared with other things that could be happening and said it made her thankful that what was happening with her was less bad. She had a job she didn't much like but she said at least she had a job so she could pay her rent so she had a place to live, and food, and clothes. She hated riding the bus to work but she said it got her there when her car broke down and that meant she could save up for a better one rather than being stuck to spend nearly $1000 to try to fix the old one knowing something else was bound to break down on it. She had bad allergies and used to fuss about them till she went to visit her brother at the VA hospital and saw people who had arms and legs gone or head woulds to the point they were struggling just to learn to function. She said that kind of thing helped her realize that a lot of the things that bothered her were a whole lot less bad than what could be happening and reminded her to thank God for the blessings she did have. Maybe trying to think of things a little like that would help you. Sometimes it does me or at least reminds me to be thankful and not concentrate on the bad stuff.

I watched Charles Stanley this morning and he taught on the good shepherd. I realize no one is perfect and yeah I probably did have some attitudes in the beginning but I did not say or do anything to them. I do pray for them as well as the teachers. I did have the opportunity to share with ppl on the plane coming over which I thought was a blessing. And I've helped other ppl in other ways. Thanks for sharing your examples too.