PDA

View Full Version : good Christian rock bands?

Arabesque
12-13-01, 07:41 PM
Can anyone recommend some good Christian rock bands? If it helps any, some of the bands I like are Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Fuel, Default, some Linkin Park, Creed, P.O.D. (both Christian I know, but, I want some more :D) ... basically anything on the "modern rock" charts.

Thanks a bunch. ;D

faeroeisle
12-13-01, 11:41 PM
SKILLET , you'll be set for life.
but if you want more, there's Thousand Foot Crutch.
and Switchfoot. they're more toned down,but very awesome.
hhmmmmm.....oh, earthsuit is good. that's all i can think of right now. again, you can't go wrong with Skillet. you should try out punk rock too. you may like it. (philmore, and acetroubleshooter are the best) oh, and souljunk their stuff is good, very unique(1956-name of album you should check out).

AgentPhyte003
12-14-01, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by faeroeisle
[oh, and souljunk their stuff is good, very unique(1956-name of album you should check out).

Wow! Someone else has heard of Soul Junk!!!! Though, I would not really classify them with those other bands. They are definatly unique. I call their music style psychadelic hip-hop (I also recommend checking them out)

ManInBlack
12-14-01, 02:43 AM
*coff*Relient K*coff*

Blessings,
Zechariah

Oz-Jen
12-14-01, 05:31 AM
THIRD DAY
DELIRIOUS

:angel:

Vinnie
12-14-01, 05:34 AM
Jason, check out faeroeisle's post. Recognize the name I asked you if you were familiar with the other day that I wasn't either? :)

Orpheus42
12-14-01, 10:32 AM
No :angel: ;)

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

faeroeisle
12-14-01, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ilgwamh
Jason, check out faeroeisle's post. Recognize the name I asked you if you were familiar with the other day that I wasn't either? :)

what's that about? tell me, please!:confused: :)

faeroeisle
12-14-01, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by AgentPhyte003

Wow! Someone else has heard of Soul Junk!!!! Though, I would not really classify them with those other bands. They are definatly unique. I call their music style psychadelic hip-hop (I also recommend checking them out)
thats a great category to put it under!

CGC
12-14-01, 11:45 PM
sorry I have to Correct this but it is

Thousand Foot Krutch

spelt with a K not a C hehe

Pillar, Five Iron Frenzy, Calibreto 13, Spoken, EDL, East West, Third Day, Relient K, Switchfoot *not all of those are in thos categorys but I love all of those bands and many more*

Vinnie
12-15-01, 02:23 AM

what's that about? tell me, please!:confused: :)

Acetroubleshooter. Neither of us heard of the group. I was downloading some Christmas songs and came across a song from acetroubleshooter. Thats all.

faeroeisle
12-15-01, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by CGC
sorry I have to Correct this but it is

Thousand Foot Krutch

spelt with a K not a C
yeah, that's right. it was late and i wasn't thinking. thanks for the correction. :)

faeroeisle
12-15-01, 05:14 PM
ilgwamh- oh,.....what do you think of them?

CGC
12-15-01, 09:28 PM
YEah go Ace!!! Minnesota Ban Representin! I saw them a while ago at The New Union when they were a local band :eek:

Nampula
12-18-01, 02:47 AM
check out the appleseed cast and tantrum of the muse.. theyre a little strange but both are AMAZING bands.. i love them. :)

and of course this wouldnt be a lindsey post if i didnt plug blenderhead.... they broke up but i adore their stuff... not very overt about their faith though :(

a1michigan
12-22-01, 01:02 PM
SKILLET , you'll be set for life.
but if you want more, there's Thousand Foot Crutch.
and Switchfoot...again, you can't go wrong with Skillet.

Couldn't agree more. Skillet...You must collect all four! (Though the debut album, while different from the latest 3, is the best). And most of the other suggestions are good as well, but I haven't heard anyone mention Project 86...they rock...hard.

Pillar & Chevelle too! Chevelle jams big time, (They have a real "Bush/6teen stone" sound to them) though they have only one album out right now, but will be releasing number 2 fairly soon.

Of all that I own and have heard...if I had to recommend the top 3 rockin' Christian artist cd's to buy they would be...(Drum roll please):

1. Skillet (Debut album)
2. Chevelle, Point #1
3. Project 86, Drawing Black Lines

That's my 2 cents.
Jug.

Nampula
12-22-01, 01:53 PM
:biggrin: i am dazzled by your amazingly good taste in Christian music.

blindside is good too, not to mention embodyment and justifide. i think sean is the only one who has heard of justifide though (besides amber, of course)

AgentPhyte003
12-23-01, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Nampula
i think sean is the only one who has heard of justifide though

Don't look at me, I am just living life outside the toy box

. . . and getting a warm gooy feeling b/c someone mentioned my name in a post. . . .

well ok that 2nd part isn't exactly true. ..

Vinnie
12-23-01, 02:00 AM
How come I haven't even heard of half of these groups? :redhotmad

Maybe its the lack of a Christian bookstore and Christian radio station in my area.....

Nampula
12-23-01, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by AgentPhyte003

Don't look at me, I am just living life outside the toy box

:rofl:

and, vinnie... jessi shared something loverly with me: www.radiou.com enjoy.

JessLynn
12-23-01, 11:35 PM
Someone else has heard of Radio U!!! WOW! It's from my state and when we go to state stuff, near Columbus we always find that station to listen too in our church van! YAY!

-Jess

P.S. Yes I am a dork.

Laury
12-24-01, 01:20 AM
raidoU.... ROCKS!!!

wooo hooooo! :biggrin:

haha, cool jess, cool. no no, you aren't a dork my dear

just a nerd :D jk jk

faeroeisle
01-01-02, 09:31 PM
i wish i had christian rock station around here, all i got is contemporary. and i can't get stations through this ancient computer.

KyRam
01-02-02, 01:14 PM
Big Tent Revival, they recently seperated but their CD's are still being sold.

Nampula
01-07-02, 01:36 AM
hey, someone's heard of BTR.. they played in my town. :') i missed it, though, b/c it was on the same night of my junior prom... i think i made the wrong choice ;')

lucus
01-07-02, 03:11 PM
Delirious* ...... King of Fools

Matt Redman....... Intimacy (not rock)....(but good)

Paul Oakley

Tree....treasure

Theres some that I like....not all rock but it depends how heavy your into.

Luke

Ashwee
01-27-02, 06:25 PM
I strongly recommend:
Thousand Foot Krutch (Unbelievable and Puppet are so great)
Third Day (my fav. song is by them... King of Glory, its one of their slower songs though... These Thousand Hills, and The one with Caemdon's Call is terrific, but I cant remember the name right now!)
Delirious is awesome...
All of the songs by Mercy Me i've heard are good...
and Switchfoot!

hope I helped :)
God Bless
Ash xoxo

Ashwee
01-27-02, 06:30 PM
I just remembered what that Third Day song is called!!!! God Of Wonders!!! It came to me right after I hit submit :redhotmad

Orpheus42
01-27-02, 08:32 PM
I think my favorite 3D song right now is All the Heavens

Chris B
02-22-02, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by CGC
YEah go Ace!!! Minnesota Ban Representin! I saw them a while ago at The New Union when they were a local band :eek: Cool. Did you ever see Balaam's Talking Mule at the New Union? I'm from Colorado, myself, but it seems MN turns out some great Christian groups.

As far as Ace Troubleshooter goes... I was supposed to see them at the Electric Youth Tour concert here in Denver (with Five Iron, Relient K, John Reuben, and Ace)... but apparently John and Ace had some sort of a falling out, so only FIF and Relient K showed up :( so I am yet to hear an Ace Troubleshooter song. And I was relly looking forward to seeing John Reuben live. oh well.

Chris B
02-22-02, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Nampula
:blindside is good too, not to mention embodyment and justifide. i think sean is the only one who has heard of justifide though (besides amber, of course) ooh, getting a little hard-core. P.O.D., Project 86, and Blindside (Swedish hard-core :cool: ) played in town a little while ago. I didn't go... but if I liked any of those bands I would have :)

If you like those groups, you might like Living Sacrifice, too.

I think I saw Justifide at the Cornerstone Festival in IL last year...

Lindz
03-23-02, 02:53 PM
POD, zao, normajean, project 86, Pax217, headnoise, MxPx, east west, beanbag, redline, stavesacre, dogwood, relient k, and superchic[k] just to name a few