PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourselves :-)

Orpheus42
12-04-01, 10:25 PM
We seem to have a little different crowd on here than on the CL&D board, so if you feel like it, let us know who you are :)

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

CGC
12-04-01, 11:02 PM
I'm Amber

Orpheus42
12-04-01, 11:27 PM
Ok, let me clarify. Details please, tell us about yourself.

Jason

Vinnie
12-05-01, 06:02 AM
I am the Tyrant, ruler of Tyrantville!

I'm Vinnie, 20, male. I like ccm a lot.

Nicole
12-05-01, 04:58 PM
LOL at Amber

I'm Nicole

I'm 18

I play no instrument

I only make a joyful noise - nothing more

However, I do enjoy listening to music! :D

And, I wish that I could play a cool instrument..and make what comes out of my mouth sound good all the time - but alas, God didn't seem to think I needed that particular gift..so whatever!

Flannel Avenger
12-05-01, 05:41 PM
I believe that I need no introduction

:D

Orpheus42
12-05-01, 07:46 PM
No, you probably don't ;)

Jason

ps. Except there do seem to be some people here who don't frequent the other boards too often. It's possible they COULD have missed you ;)

Flannel Avenger
12-05-01, 11:29 PM
WHAT?? Some people who don't know who I am??

Vinnie
12-06-01, 12:53 AM
Yeah, abot 99.999999% of the world's population :D

VG8XP80
12-06-01, 04:32 AM
My name is Rory. I've been registered since Feb, but seldom post. I'm a musician by occupation, though not as full-time as I wish. I am 23 years old and have been on stage performing music since age 4. I recently recorded my first solo instrumental CD. I perform in live situations and in studio. People hire me to help produce, arrange, and play on their projects. I'm a multi-instrumentalist. Now I just need to find a way to make money at it. I'll quit braggin for now unless questions get put my way.
www.roryhoffman.com
is my page
WWW.depotmusicpros.com
is the newly formed company I'm with. They're looking to help aspiring artists, so check it out if you're looking to get started and might like some help.

Orpheus42
12-06-01, 07:06 AM
Need to find a way to make money at it.... boy oh boy can I ever identify with that.

Jason

VG8XP80
12-06-01, 04:21 PM
Yep, that's how it is. People hire me, but I use the word "hire" very loosely because I'm seldom paid. Oh, I'm charging all right, but I'm just wracking up a bill that will likely never be paid in full. People have a stunning ability to turn their financial difficulties into mine.

CGC
12-06-01, 07:10 PM
well then ok you could have SAID tHAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

I'm Amber
I'm 16
I live in a House
in Owatonna Minnesota
I love black
I love East West
my hair is redish purple
I have 9 pierceings
I was born on 23rd of march in 1985
I have 1 brother his name is Forest hes 23
I played cello for 5 years
I played piano for 7
I danced for 4
I want to be a youth director
I also want to be a pastor after I'm done being a youth director
I want to go to Augsburg College
I have gone to Cornerstone for 4 years
I know East West personally
I'm a mod on there board
I went to sonshine this year
I have gone to florida 10 times
I saw Michael Jackson in concert when I was like 5 er something
I saw MC Hammer at Cornerstone 1998
I have like POD for 4 years
I post on 6 other message boards
I'm Lutheran
I go to St.John Lutheran Church
I saw mortification in concert
I saw like one song performed by Stryper

is that enough of would you like me to keep going?:biggrin:

faeroeisle
12-11-01, 12:53 AM
karla,

soon to be nineteen in eleven short days.short days, LOL, get it?! oohhhh, yeah, i'm a dork. no not really, um,

i live with my friend because my daddy died last summer, big move too, right across the street.

had a dog, well, i still call him mine.

have a cat too, somewhere.

im in the very bottom right-hand corner of TN,

I LOVE MUSIC!!!

want to be a recording engineer or sound technician.

punk rock will always have a place in my heart.

Skillet rocks.aaahhhhh....john cooper....mmmmmm. sorry.

uh, fave colors: lavendar(and other purples) pretty shades of green, and silver.so girly.

i have a dark green teddy bear named Philmore, and a brown monkey w/ a camouflage ribbon around his neck named Monkey.

both of which i sleep with every night.

Yes, something had to take the place of my dog, but will never by no means compare, though.

love the beach

will always stay true to the dallas cowboys

Go Vols!

JessLynn
12-13-01, 03:45 PM
Hi, I'm Jessica, and I ususally post in College Rage, but I figured I'd broaden my horizons.
I am 19, I was born November 24 1982
I go to Youngstown State University
I graduated from Beaver Local High School
I was voted Miss BLHS (aka Miss Congenality)
I love all kinds of music!
Some of my favorite Christian groups include: Skillet, Deleriou5?, John Reuben, Out of Eden, Third Day, 7 Day Jesus, All Star United, Bleach, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, and some random others.
I've seen Skillet, John Reuben Pax217 (i think those are the numbers), and Third Day in concert.
I go to an Assembly of God church.
I've gone to church camp 8 times.
I've been a counselor 5 times (4 kids camps, 1 jr. high)
I want to be a stay at home mom, but I'm going to school for English Pre-Education, and I want to be involved in Ohio Youth Minstries for as long as possible. Ummm that about sums it up!

Orpheus42
12-13-01, 04:46 PM
Youngstown State? Hey, our basketball team creamed yours at the beginning of the season ;)

And we've won one game since then.... *LOL*

Jason

JessLynn
12-14-01, 04:40 AM
Yes I am aware our basketball team isn't very good, this is what happens when 6 players are inelligable. (and their trainer can't spell haha)

Flannel Avenger
12-14-01, 10:01 AM
For the record, Evansville and Youngstown would be creamed by NCSU.

:D:biggrin:

Vinnie
12-15-01, 02:58 AM
*Tyrant creams flannel with a boston cream pie*

Ducky
12-15-01, 04:16 AM
Hi,
I am Sarah, AKA Ducky because there are a bagillion Sarah's on this planet (that or Bear but only my best friend calls me that, I know not why...) I'm 19 and in my 2nd year at the University of Victoria (in Victoria, BC CANADA!!!). Pretty much doing sciences (med school pre-reqs) plus Japanese for fun :D I too have been a camp counsellor, 3 weeks summer of 98, plus some retreats, 10 weeks summer of 2000. Summer of 2001 was spent at the Wax Museum, one of the threads on the College board goes into more detail on that :biggrin: I'm now a "sponsor" for the Sr. High YG at my church. Hmmm... I play piano (but not "for" anything [eg: a band], just for me) :) I pretend to sing and play bass guitar... actually I gave up on bass guitar a couple years ago after I moved away from home. I ballroom/swing/salsa dance, plus I joined women's karate at UVic this semester which is really fun. Oh and I volunteer with St. John Ambulance (mostly weekends and Mondays). That about sums me up!

Tyrant - That's a waste of perfectly good boston cream pie!!! You should donate your pies to the charity *Starving Students Anonymous* I am their spokesperson and will certainly do all I can to find the pies a home :D
*Ducky*(:>( )<
AKA Sarah

Flannel Avenger
12-15-01, 12:51 PM
You should try some Southern pies. They're a lot better. Or Krispy Kreme doughnuts, from North Carolina :D

Vinnie
12-15-01, 01:30 PM
Krispy Kreme?

Ducky
12-15-01, 02:58 PM
Ok, you pay for my flight and make the pies, and I am SO there! About those doughnuts though... exactly how Krispy is the Kreme???
*Ducky*(:>( )<
AKA Sarah

Orpheus42
12-15-01, 05:35 PM
Krispy Kreme- beats the schnikes out of Dunkin' Donuts for sure. Probably my favorite name-brand donuts.

Jason

Nicole
12-15-01, 05:44 PM
As a former Dunkin' Donuts employee - I can tell you that Krispy Kreme is the BEST doughnut shop in the world! Only when they are hot though! And - they are putting one in my town - yay! :D

faeroeisle
12-15-01, 07:08 PM
ahhh.....Krispy Kreme *sigh*. mmm.... oh how i love those. best darn doughnuts around. makes living in the south all worth it.:yum:

Ducky
12-16-01, 12:46 AM
Have to say I've never heard of Krispy Kreme... but I'm willing to bet Tim Horton's beats the pants off of Krispy Kreme!!!
*Ducky* (:>( )<
AKA Sarah

Flannel Avenger
12-16-01, 12:52 AM
That's Blasphemy!

Vinnie
12-16-01, 01:06 AM
I want a Krispy Kreme doughnut :redhotmad

Someone snail mail me one :D

CalledByGrace
12-16-01, 02:32 AM
Hi! My name is Neddie. I don't get on here a lot but once in a while. I'm 16/f from Oregon. I'm at a boarding school right now. I play the clarinet, guitar, bass (by ear), and piano (by ear). I also sing. I feel God is calling me to sing for him.

I listen to almost any kind of music. Country, rock, pop, oldies, alternative, contemperary christian, christian rock, southern gospel, and gospel. The only music I don't like is jazz and acid.

faeroeisle
12-16-01, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Ducky
... I'm willing to bet Tim Horton's beats the pants off of Krispy Kreme!!!
oh, but it's a bet you'd lose, my dear.

ilgwamh- that was cute. :rofl:

Nampula
12-18-01, 04:22 AM
:spin: im lindsey, and im 18 years old

i go to lindsey wilson college in KY, and im a double major in Christian ministries and english

i like every kind of music except hip-hip, *real* country (i love bluegrass and folk but keep CMT away from me), and non-new wave 80's music.. i dont care for pop but i can tolerate it. :biggrin:

my favorite band at the moment is tantrum of the muse but it changes daily. my favorite song is "oz" by 100 portraits.

i play banjo and i used to play piano. i can sometimes pick out a tune on a wooden flute i purchased from madison greene back in july, but thats a very infrequent sometimes ;)

i have never worked at a camp or been a counselor or led any type of Christian activity, but ive been to new song and cornerstone and plan to frequent the latter many more times

i have 5 piercings and purple hair with red streaks, but unlike amber, im not goth.

im just me :biggrin:

i was a hippie for a week at c-stone 2k1.

and i cant help but laugh every time when i read nahum 3:5. hehe, i guess im a little childish.

AgentPhyte003
12-19-01, 12:23 AM
I'm sean 20 years old technically

Yet another one of those pesky UE students am I .. .

like seemingly a lot of people I have an eclectic music taste. I go for rapcore/hard rock the most. But hard punk and pop punk also float my boat. I also really like swing music (unforutantly the swing revival is dead :( )

currently I would say my favorite band is Thousand Foot Krutch

I have the musical ability of a log and that is a very generous comparison

I am a secondary Education major with a minor in video games ;)

the only labels that i belive apply to me are: Christian, male, and student.

I am a secret agent and have the videos to prove it

Lois 2002
12-30-01, 01:46 AM
Hello!

My name is Lois and I'm a 34 year old born again believer. I love music...always have...but now I only sing a joyful noise unto the Lord. I love praise and worship music the most...but I'm a fan of Carmen, Nicole Mullen, Paul Wilbur and much more. :D

God is so good...and the Bible says we should pray without ceasing. I think that's made possible through songs and praises of thanksgiving. Amen?

Barney
01-05-02, 09:20 PM
Hey,
I've not posted on these boards in months!

I'm 17, soon to be 18.

I live in a wee town called Irvine, in Scotland.

I've always been brought up as a christian, drifted way, but then hit back...and i'm not going anywhere!!!!!!

Sadly...my favourite music is Christian Worship music. When I first got introduced to bands like Hillsong - www.hillsongmusic.com - i realised the sort of music I'd been looking for all my life!!! Yeah, I'm sad!!!

I can get a kind of tune out most instruments....

but mainly I sing, play piano, and tenor horn.

I love Jesus with all my heart, and want REVIVAL everywhere. That sums me up I guess!!!!

Orpheus42
01-05-02, 09:39 PM
Scotland? We must jam. I'm currently studying at Harlaxton College in Grantham, England for the semester. :)

Jason

faeroeisle
01-05-02, 10:08 PM
hey, hey, hey! i'm part Scott :) . can't say i've been there, though. :(

enigma.faerie
01-13-02, 05:30 PM
Hi,
I'm Danielle. I'm seventeen and I am a Level 3 (grade 12) student in high school. I would like to work with youth, but I am unsure of how. I'm a Christian, and I'm on my church's youth group executive as secretary. I'm also the head of the social commitee and a co-leader for the youth group's drama team. I play the clarinet for my school band, and I'm in the school chior. I'd love to learn how to play the guitar. I'm also co-editor for my school yearbook this year. I hate physics.

My favorite Christian bands/musicians are: Jars of Clay, Switchfoot, Plumb, Miss Angie, Ginny Owens, Jennifer Knapp, and The W's.

I think that's about it...

jmusicool
01-15-02, 02:15 PM
Sup, peoples! It's just me sayin' hey. I gotta go now.
Janna

jmusicool
01-15-02, 05:13 PM
Hey there! I've been a member of these message boards for a couple of years now, but I haven't been able to post for the past 2 months or so. I hope someone still remembers me on here! But for all you peeps who don't know me, I'll tell a little about myself.

Name: Janna
Fave bands: dctalk, Disciple, Newsboys, Audio A, Zacch's Tree, Five Iron Frenzy, Journey, Styx
Pets: 2 adorable calico kittens named Bitsy and Chunky
Music: I LOVE IT!!! I play the piano, mallet instruments, sing, and write songs.
Church: I go to Main St. Presbyterian Church, and my mom's the preacher!

That's about all for now. I'm gonna try to get on here more often!
This place rocks. :p

cujo95
01-24-02, 11:13 PM
Hi, I'm cujo

I love Christian music, mostly contemporary.
S.C. Chapman, Mercyme, Sherry Keggy, Kim Hill, Glad, Philips, Cragg and Dean,- (just to name a few off the top of my head.)

I believe that a Christian song can bring Jesus closer to my heart in a three minute song than listening to some preacher shout for a half an hour.
Where I live there are two types of FM Christian radio stations: One that mostly plays Christian music and one that airs only preaching and talk shows. Guess which one I mostly listen to.

Maybe I trust Christian music because it is the artist honestly baring him or herself and letting the Spirit speak through them through the lyrics and music.

And I have felt betrayed, used and manipulated by some preachers.

Orpheus42
01-24-02, 11:38 PM
Stephen Curtis Chapman is great. He's so versatile... I love his stuff.

GodBroken
02-06-02, 10:51 PM
I'm Marvin... i come from Manila, Philippines.
I'm a Christian for about 5 years now... it had been a rollercoaster ride for me till Jesus came and found me... good thing He did coz I could never imagine what life I could be living right now if He had not invaded my life. (The nicest invasion ever...)

I like the songs of Anointed, Sonic Flood, POG, Steven CC, Chris Rice, MW Smith, Watermark, HILLSONGS, Plumb, Ginny Owens, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, Battery, Barbie's Cradle. I don't like boybands that much but my Christian prerogative has led me into accepting Plus One as my brethren, hehe.

We don't have a Christian FM station here in my country, so i only hear songs through CD and cassette. (But our church plans to have one in the future... PRAY for it, puhleez...)

Right now, i'm currently involved in the music ministry of the church... though i play violin and piano, most people would prefer to see me singing... God has graced me to minister to people thru my voice and with much humbleness, i give all the glory to Him.

I believe the Lord seeks intimacy with His children... and I find worship to be the most perfect avenue to express our love to God.

I have no legalistic criticisms concerning secular songs... most of 'em are good... but I believe that as Christians, we should be discerning of our choice of songs.

Help pray with me for a revival to happen in this world! :)

Candice
02-06-02, 11:59 PM
mmm Krispy Kreme... thursday they did groundbreaking for thier Tulsa store!! :yum:

I'll snail mail ya one, Vincent but I really doubt you'll want it by the time it gets there.

cpinews
02-09-02, 05:40 PM
My name is Daniel S. McClintock, I'm 14 years old, and I live in South Carolina. I'm the webmaster and vice president of CPI News (www.cpinews.net), and work for Poinsett Graphic Designers (www.poinsettgraphics.com). My girlfriend's name is Crystal Roquen Spurck, and she's the prettiest girl in the world. She's also the daughter of my boss, James. :)

I have a mom & dad, 2 brothers, a purebred Labrador Retriever, and a cat.

tedzki
03-01-02, 12:37 PM
:)
Hi! I'm from the Philippines. I'm 24. I play the keyboards but mostly using chords. I would like to ask if anybody could suggest a good website or sites which have tons of lyrics and chords by different artists and even praise artists like hillsongs. I'm into Jars of Clay and Sonicflood. That's all.

Lindz
03-03-02, 09:37 AM
Hi I'm Lindz

I love Jesus

I love missions

I am 15 years old

I mostly post on teen scene but decided to most here more often because i love music

Some of my favorite bands are P.O.D., Juliana Theory, Relient K, Normajean, Zao, East West, Pax217, MxPX, TobyMac, and Superchic[k]

I love worship music

I love to sing

I love to act

I love spongebob squarepants

I like being random

I like using random words that no one else uses and then having people look at me in a confused way

That's all

MauraKay
03-18-02, 10:42 PM
hello. i am Maura.
Female
from Indiana, USA
born in VA
living in IN
like to:
bowl
sing
play trumpet
post on ILJ
frollic with ashley (lol at ashley)
talk to ppl on aim
listen to music
practice my music for my band
buy stuff
try on crazy outfits
make things
annoy my sister (all in good favour tho:D )
and talk to myself

sarah4Jesus
03-20-02, 04:16 PM
Hello!
I'm Sarah.. I just discovered this place like.. oh, 2 days ago.. so I'm the new-kid. *lol*

I'm 19 and the date that number regularly changes is on February 12th.

I live in Ohio, go to college and work.. my town is teeny tiny and the only thing that really qualifies us as a "city" in which we are normally called is the fact that we have a state university. We're about . <---that big.

I've been a Christian for like.. 5 years and in that time have decided to give up all my "secular" music and replace it with Christian stuff.

My favorite things to do.... let's see; I'd have to say singing is my all time favorite thing. When I sing... that's when I feel closest to God. I'm in a praise band.. so I get an opportunity to sing quite often. I love to go to concerts.. I've seen Relient K, FIF, DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Jars of Clay, Third Day, Skillet, and about a jillion other awesome bands in concert.. and love to go to festivals (Ichthus is by far my fav-o-rite!) I also direct and am in charge of a festival in my home town.. it's been going strong for 3 years. (Scary to think a 15 year old was in charge of it in the beginning huh?)

I'm transfering (hopefully) next fall.. and I can't WAIT! What's meh major gonna be?? Music Busines.. hopefully one day I'll be able to work for Gotee or Flicker Records...something really awesome like that..

I guess that's enough of an intro. actually.. the more I think about it.. it's prolly too much *lol* Ok,.... I'm done
:dunce:

Orpheus42
03-20-02, 04:23 PM
Too much? Naaahhh... ;)

Welcome.

I used to be a music education major, then I changed to a double Bachelor of Arts major in music and biblical studies. Scheduling conflicts have caused me to have to choose one major and make the other a minor, and with much prayerful consideration I am now a biblical studies major and music minor. I'm 21/m and a student at the University of Evansville currently studying at Harlaxton College in England for the semester.

I'm planning on going to Cornerstone this year.

Jason

ackie2780
03-20-02, 05:27 PM
I'm Ashley

15 I live in Indiana anything else you want to know about me ask please

AWoman4God
03-26-02, 02:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tara, I'm 17, I live in Washington State.
I love all kinds of music. But my main influence is Gospel.
I love music by Rachael Lampa, CeCe winnans, and Jessica Simpson to name a few. I write my own songs, and love to sing.
I hope to travel the world telling others about Christ. I especially want to go to China and Israel. Guess that's all for now :D

LOVE YOU JESUS!!!!

Barney
03-31-02, 10:52 AM
Hey all, pleezed to meet yoo!

tedzki
I'll post this as a new message in case you don't check back in here.

Lyrics and chords available at:

www.worshipmusic.com (http://www.worshipmusic.com)

louisa
04-17-02, 01:36 PM
hi im louisa im a university student in Crewe England. I found these message boards by typing into the web bar exactly what i was thinking. n e way just registered today. im 18 and go to a baptist church where im part of the youth group. I joined the church just after starting uni here. n e way it is really cool to have a place where you can talk to other people who love jesus. praise the lord!

Heavenz Angel 7
04-17-02, 08:17 PM
*MY NAME IS STEPHANIE
*BORN & RAISED IN BROOKLYN, NY
*DATE OF BIRTH, JANUARY 28, 1986
''YEAH I'M YOUNG I'M ONLY 16''
*BELONG TO A BAPTIST CHURCH
*DAUGTHER OF THE KING OF KING!
*I'M PART OF A YOUTH GROUP WHICH IS GREAT!
*AND LOVE MUSIC, I'M THE CHOIR I LOVE TO SING!
*I'M IN 12TH GRADE GOT SKIP PLENTY OF TIMES!
*LOVE 2 PLAY VOLIBALL

THAT'S ABOUT IT, 4 NOW!

LORD BLESS
STEPHANIE

:angel:

GodBroken
04-25-02, 02:29 AM
hello tedski ...
kamusta ka? masaya ka ba ngayon? pagpalain ka ng Panginoon!
Purong tagalog ba.. hehe... para hindi tayo maintindihan ng mga Kano dito.... :)

hi Heavenz Angel 7!
i'm the King's kid too... so maybe that would make you my sister! :)

hello everybody! I'm back! :)

straw
05-07-02, 04:15 AM
Hi from Down Under. I'm Carol - a 35yr old christian mum of 2 active musical boys. Both my hubby and I play in the 2 music teams at the local Apostolic church (He plays bass guitar and trumpet and I play keyboard and pianop) and my boys both learn piano. We play a lot of Hillsongs in our church but I'm getting tired of the emotional hype surrounding "Christian" music. Some of the early work of Geoff Bullock was good but the "feel good" music we often sing in church don't offer the true message of the gospel to my mind. OK - shoot me!!

punkateer26
05-14-02, 11:16 PM
I'm Dan

19 years old,

Australian (Please don't hold it against me)

Music Rocks my socks off

:p :D

straw
05-14-02, 11:48 PM
:confused: Yep. Music does provoke lots of emotions. The one in charge of music in heaven was Lucifer so it does not surprise me that music has good and bad points. Rocking our socks off is OK but it is just pure emotion. Surely our worship of the Creator is more than just mindless emotion, repetitive phrases and a "feel good" theology. Emotions change and vary. Our God does not. Too often the music of today's churches resembles either a polished rock concert where the music is worshipped rather than the Creator or a empty repetitions that numb the mind and are used in pschological terms to dull the senses. There is nothing wrong with music as such but we need to be careful. Afterall, if we as christians, sound just the same as the people in the world than what is there that makes us different? Jesus was radical. So should we be. Not trying to emulate the world and it's standards. They should be emulating ours!

Weeping Willow
06-10-02, 06:55 PM
:spin: My name is Liza, and I'm almost 15 years old. I play the piano, and the harmonica, and I recently learned how to play two chords on the acoustic guitar (what an accomplishment!) Although I prefer Contemporary Christian music, I've been raised in a Southern Gospel group/family, so I have an appreciation for SGM. :spin:

dorfsmith
07-03-02, 01:25 AM
I am dorfsmith. I came to your message board after the one I was at fizzled out. Today is my first day here but I'm sure you'll see me a lot in the future. I also post on the Daniel Amos board and www.ccmusic.org usually in the Christian Alternative section. My favorite bands are Daniel Amos, LSU, The Choir, The 77's, Dead Artist Syndrome, Starflyer 59 and Poor Old LU. I used to publish a newsletter on underground Christian Music but now I just post my ideas on message boards. Thanks for the chance to be a part of this board!

Orpheus42
07-12-02, 11:55 AM
Poor Old Lu = cool :biggrin:

They rocked at C-stone

vmarie
07-13-02, 12:11 AM
Hi i'm veronica, i'm 19 and live in southern california. i go to citrus college in glendora, california. last year (and hopefully after this semester) i went to azusa pacific university in azusa, cali. i'm majoring in journalism and minoring in English and possibly Spanish or leadership studies.
my fave band is POD but other than that my music styles vary except that i don't like twangy country or mellow "michael bolton" style songs.

Nampula
07-13-02, 01:34 AM
well hey there vero :biggrin:

vmarie
07-13-02, 01:41 AM
well would you look at that, it's lindsey! (waves) HI LIIIINNNDSEEEEY!

Subtotal
07-25-02, 12:50 PM
I'm Sebastian. Wait a second...No, I'm not. I'm Nick. There we go. I'm 19 and I live in Yadkinville, NC. I go to Lenoir-Rhyne College and I'm majoring in Computer Aided Graphics Design. I'm in a a Christian rapcore band called Subtotal. Click on the links at the bottom for more information on us. Umm...I guess that's it. If you wanna know more about me, I'd be glad to tell ya. Just ask.

coolhandluke
07-26-02, 06:44 PM
i'm 17. i'm a girl. my name's katie. i live in arkansas. i'm a christian. i got saved 2 1/2 years ago. well, kind of. i have no musical abilities. though i had planned on sound engineering being my career for a few years, until i got more serious about my faith, and God called me to other things. i play no instruments or anything like that. um...i'm very interested in theology and learning and things like that. i'm going to be a senior in high school this year. i'm going to go to oral roberts university in the fall of 2003. i will be double majoring in youth ministry and missions. um...i guess that's some stuff about me. goodbye. :)

-katie

Kittycat
07-31-02, 10:13 PM
Welcome. yes I know its late welcoming but better late than never!

I am Kitty/f/Great Southern State of Texas...(aggies rule) :what: :angel:

btw- I love the movie cool hand luke, paul newman was awesome in it.....

cindybee
08-09-02, 05:52 PM
Hi, my name is Cindy and I usually post on the Bebo Norman message board but lately I've been venturing onto other boards! I live in Silicon Valley California, been here for a few years. I consider myself a Seattle girl, it's my hometown. Anyhow, I love music esp. CCM. My current favorites are Bebo Norman, Newboys and Paul Colman trio.

Macaroni
08-15-02, 06:07 PM
Hi, my name is Sharown aka Macaroni (thus, my screen name). I am 15 years old and in the 9th grade. I live in florida, but I was born in Dallas Texas. I just started coming to this board from the Left Behind Message Board. I like hanging out with my friends, talking on the net, or on the phone, and going to the mall. DC Talk, Superchick, and Plus one are just a few of my favorite bands.

Kittycat
08-15-02, 06:11 PM
Aye another Texan at Heart!
Howdy there Macaroni! I reside int he Great Southern State of Texas, near Houston. We sure are geting members from the LBMB these days! :D I hope you like these boards! I am also 15 and I am going to be a Sophomore this coming school year.

pinkpaka4christ
08-16-02, 02:16 AM
hey. I'm Josh, male, 23.

I came here because of a recommendation from one of our wonderful mods. Candice, let me say this once again: you ROCK!

I play keyboard, sing, and play drums. I'm particularly getting into world rhythm and hand-drumming, though my musical tastes run more toward both the classics (Larry Norman, DeGarmo and Key, and Stryper) as well as cool modern stuff (Skillet, East West, Spoken, Stavesacre).

i'm a bit of a computer geek, though not on the level of some :) (vB code? What the?) and a music downloading freak.
:confused: this is often me...ha ha!

Gzusfreq
08-29-02, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone!! My name is Dan. I live in central California. I'm married and my wife and I have 3 (soon to be 4) kids. I play guitar, Bass, drums, and a little piano. I like to meet new people who love the Lord as much as I do.

dorfsmith
08-29-02, 05:41 PM
Nice To Meet Ya.

Cheri
09-06-02, 08:47 AM
I am new. I am old. I am shy but also bold.

I love Jesus yes I do I love Jesus how bout you.

*Jesslynn* did you ever post at @forums?

Lindz
09-15-02, 02:58 PM
katie... is your SN referring to the band coolhandluke? cause if it is then you are me hero, because they are my favorite band!

SoccerAaron
09-15-02, 03:13 PM
I'm Aaron.
I play bass,
Love sports,
13, and live in central oho.

JesusFreak4Life
10-07-02, 02:23 PM
Hey, I'm Faith, I'm 17, i live in north-eastern Ohio, I am a senior kind of in high school--I'm doing post-secondary at a local college. I was homeschooled up until this year. My hobbies are playing the piano, singing, talking to friends, playing w/ my little sibs (of which there are many), I've been a Christian for 13 years, but only really serious about it for about 5 years. I like to talk and laugh and be friendly, and bug people:biggrin: If you want to know more, just ask.

Money25
10-09-02, 06:38 PM
I am Derrell,
I am married and as of today have a 6 month old Son. you can see him at www.christianleeroberts.com If you do go to the site, it has been awhile so I do need to tell you that things are much better thanks to the glory of God. In High School I was much in tune with the will of God. Then for some reason I took a around a 10 year hiadis. Why? I don't know. Then I guess God knocked me around and told me to straighten up. So I here I am. On the Road to Recovery. I live in Dallas and that's about it.

SoccerAaron
10-17-02, 10:15 AM
are you near lubbock or college station?
I know alot of people there.

Ladybug03
11-09-02, 05:05 PM
My name is Amber
I am 18
I live in Tx
I love jesus with all my heart. I am looking for some good christian friends. Who love jesus with all your heart.
I love Praise and worship music. I sing in my church choir.

My aim screen name is
milliecat01 im me anytime

CaliforniaGirl
11-10-02, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by vmarie
Hi i'm veronica, i'm 19 and live in southern california. i go to citrus college in glendora, california. last year (and hopefully after this semester) i went to azusa pacific university in azusa, cali. i'm majoring in journalism and minoring in English and possibly Spanish or leadership studies.
my fave band is POD but other than that my music styles vary except that i don't like twangy country or mellow "michael bolton" style songs.

I am from West Covina! Now I live in Tracy, Cali. Been here for 6 years. Met my hubby via AOL in 1996.

My whole family lives in SoCal.:(

I miss Newport Beach and HB too! Loved to tan and was a beach freak!!!

CaliforniaGirl
11-10-02, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by vmarie
well would you look at that, it's lindsey! (waves) HI LIIIINNNDSEEEEY!

You are from WC too! Wow, look at that, so many SoCalers on this message board I am beginning to feel like I am at home again! :D :D :D :D

yenshing
12-21-02, 02:33 AM
hi,
i'm yen shing from Malaysia, 13, not much. i'm a christian. i'm from Church of Praise..(ps Clement)...Hope u guys know him..anyway..i play the piano..errr...that's all..

we have forum too www.youthalivemsia.org
all the youths from malaysia, brunei,and singapore
and every year we have this camp name HUGE which stands for have u got enuff its really cool and is awesome

-yenshing-

catwantsin
12-23-02, 07:44 PM
I am here to check into some of the music discussions, find new bands that rock but somehow the Christian Mainstream missed them. My name is Jess, I am 29 years young, and I mainly just want to get the word out about Christ and His music. Here is my small token to the cause.

www.catwantsin.homestead.com

Jedimike
01-31-03, 01:13 PM
Hi, my name is Mike and my favorite color is green.

*Theresa*
02-14-03, 05:40 PM
I'm new...and I don't know what to say :excuse: lol

Orpheus42
02-14-03, 05:40 PM
Uh, say hi :)

tonya
03-06-03, 10:59 PM
Hey, my name is Tonya,Im 24 years old.Im married and have 2 beautiful daughters. I love "message boarding",however i just found this one tonight. I was saved 3 years ago. And praise God daily for bringing me out of the pit I had myself in. Im not a musician.I do sing in our church choir though. But i dont really think they would allow me to do a solo. Like someone else here said basically what i can do is make a joyful noise.Emphasis on noise. I love Nicole c Mullen, Kirk Franklin, Third Day, Broklyn Tabernacle Choir-- the list goes on. I go to an Assembly of God Church and I personally think its the most fun church there is. Since Ive never posted here I hope I hit all the right buttons and this doesnt end up a topic!

HE Reigns Forever!!!!All Hail King Jesus!!!

IHope4U
03-13-03, 10:07 PM
Thought I'd put in my two-cents. It seems like most everybody is under twenty :wah: I remember when I was twenty. Now I'm thirtysomething and I can't complain. I'm in this forum because I love music and I stay up on where it's at and where it's going.
I play the Drums..... I have an acoustic set and an electronic. They will cover any rythmm and keep the beat on any song. I like all types of music, it all has a part in the scheme of things. I mostly listen to Christian music and refuse to listen to (some) of the Wordly stuff. An way, it is nice to read about everyone. I hope to be of an encouragement to all. :cool:

rudyhiebert
03-14-03, 01:18 PM
Here's a group that's on the road (in Canada) now as I write this. They're a group of energetic guys and a gal that minister in words and song to the younger crowd in churches, schools or wherever is arranged. Their web site is www.starfieldonline.com where you can email them and see their itinerary that takes them to the east coast.
Some day my Amsoil Inc. synthetic lubricants (www.lubedealer.com/hiebert) will be in their bus.

PrayerWarrior
04-10-03, 04:22 PM
My name's Jesse. I am a teenage Online Christian Evangelist (I just helped someone accept Jesus Christ as their LORD & Savior last night!), a Teen Writer, & a Prayer Warrior. I am also a 16 year old male.

rudyhiebert
04-10-03, 04:55 PM
Anybody under 55 who prays for folks like those who have needs is awsome. Thank-you Jesus for these young folks that love you and care for others.

PrayerWarrior
04-10-03, 05:33 PM
Thank you for the compliment rudyhiebert. :)

Psalm118v24
04-15-03, 07:10 PM
I am Sara - age 26. I love Christian music, especially praise and worship!

woggy
04-17-03, 02:48 AM
OH, like you want to know ALL about me?????????? Fer shure you do........

Okay, then. I'm from Minnesota.

I'm old (DON'T ask............it's none of yer bizness!!)

I came here because a certain friend, who shall remain nameless at present, pointed out this website from another message board........a COOL message board (gee, can ya'll measure up??.....we'll see :)

I love to talk to people...............so TALK to me, wouldja?

Oh, and of course, it goes without saying that Jesus is my friend, my love, my all.

:angel:

woggy
04-17-03, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by PrayerWarrior
My name's Jesse. I am a teenage Online Christian Evangelist (I just helped someone accept Jesus Christ as their LORD & Savior last night!), a Teen Writer, & a Prayer Warrior. I am also a 16 year old male.

Another MN person?

Ahhh, life is good.

So, are you enjoying the weather? I'm a bit north of you (try Lake Superior area), and it's blowing and icing and snowing and being WINTER here tonight..............sheesh!!!!

gotta love it:wave:

UberHouseWife
04-24-03, 12:12 PM
My name is Jasie. :) I post mainly in The Christian Fellowship, Women's, and Healthy Living forums...

I love music! In fact, I used to run a print zine & an online radio broadcast... I quit the zine in early 2001 (I had been putting it out for over 3 years) and I ended my broadcast about a year and a half ago.

I'm a complete Tooth & Nail junkie, atleast I used to be, I don't keep up as much as I used to... Going to shows was a weekly thing for me, hob nobbing with the bands, handing out flyers, promoting the local scene.

I'm still into music, though my tastes have broadened a lot in the past 2 or 3 years. I could listen to Elton John or James Taylor in the morning, then move onto Alicia Keys or The Cranberries around lunch, then at dinner I'm listening to Zao or Extol. ;) Not to mention MxPx while in the shower, Blaster The Rocketman while I do housework, and Mike Ness or Hank Williams Sr while working online... :D

I love music!! Christian & secular alike... :)

PrayerWarrior
04-27-03, 04:12 PM
My name is Jesse, although I prefer to be called Jess. I just became a Christian TODAY (4-27-03). Rejoice with me!! I twas living a lie before today. I was lost but now I am found. HALLELLUJAH! More details later. Stay tuned next week....:biggrin:

rudyhiebert
04-27-03, 04:57 PM
Jesus is alive in you and God's blessings on you for your faith in His death and resurection.

PrayerWarrior
04-27-03, 05:08 PM
Thank you RudyHibert. Welcome to the I Love Jesus forums! If you EVER need prayer, PM me and in my reply, I'll type the prayer I said. God Bless You.

veggie_tales
04-27-03, 05:19 PM
Hey Im sam. Im 16 years old, soon to be 17!! saweett!! lol :biggrin: Im a christian and looove going to youth ralleys and conventions and stuff like that! i like listening to music and playing sports, and hanging out with friends! :)

-osity
05-08-03, 08:04 PM
AAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOO, what's up in this piece maaaaaaaaayyyyynnnnnnn? I know this is 'bout Christian Music and all that, but that is on some 2,000 years ago tip. Y'all ain't feelin' the next level, the NEW , the split yo wig it's TOO NEXT LEVEL that I bring. You can even begin to comprehend the musical stylee that I slang, it's too rich for your blood and it'll make your brain spaz. Y'all can't step to my -osity.

Duffman
05-08-03, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by -osity
AAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOO, what's up in this piece maaaaaaaaayyyyynnnnnnn? I know this is 'bout Christian Music and all that, but that is on some 2,000 years ago tip. Y'all ain't feelin' the next level, the NEW , the split yo wig it's TOO NEXT LEVEL that I bring. You can even begin to comprehend the musical stylee that I slang, it's too rich for your blood and it'll make your brain spaz. Y'all can't step to my -osity. Duffman likes your ideas, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Oh yeah!

Slug
05-08-03, 08:24 PM
myself i enjoy christian rappers. there's some of them who seem to be former gangsta rappers but now talk about resorting to violence against satan.

satan might be big and satan might be taller/ but he ain't nuttin against my holy revolver/ i aimed at what i saw/ hit him in the jaw/ out came his brains all gushin out raw/ then i proceed/ yes indeed/ to thank God for this victory/ and in congratulations He said "Yo, hit this with me"/ so there we are/ on the heavenly porch/ me and the Man putting a blunt to the torch/ sweeet victory/ freak wit me/ uh huh, yeah.

Daniel 1:4
06-06-03, 11:33 PM
hi all!
newbie in the HawwwZZ!
wassup?

Is anybody into Michael W Smith? Any rave reviews on "Worship Again"?

rudyhiebert
06-07-03, 11:07 AM
Yes, I'm a worshipper, although my peers and I love the more four part harmoney quartet style, contemplating on the message of M.J. Smith and his type is not hard. Still can't beat Elvis Presley's "How Great Thou Art".

GotJesus78
07-14-03, 10:50 PM
i'm bracken. i have blonde hair, blue eyes, and i turn 16 i about 2 days so if your ever on the road in texas...look out. i play basketball and i would play football but our school doesnt have it so...i guess thats just tuff. oh and i love Jesus with all my heart as most of yall do i'm sure.

GotJesus78
07-14-03, 10:53 PM
oh, and in case you didnt figure it out, i'm a guy

Angeleyes
07-15-03, 09:18 AM
name Patty
age 44
children two
and I would like to know what is CL&D board?
Oh I live in Pennsylvania

Flannel Avenger
07-15-03, 09:52 AM
CL&D was Christian Life and Discussion, later changed to ODD, Open Discussion and Debate, and finally, closed forever.

jbsuns
07-18-03, 04:48 AM
hi my name is jeff. i am going to school to be a pc technician. i do play an instrument(saxaphone). i have a 6 week old daughter.:D. My fiancee and I have been together for almost 2 years. My fiancee also has a 14 year old daughter. I also like sports( GO D-BACKS and GO SUNS)

Sweet_Emotion16
07-20-03, 12:04 PM
Im Taletha

Orpheus42
07-20-03, 09:42 PM
Hey, cool, I play the saxophone :cool:

among other things. ;)

Welcome, you guys!

Hamster696
07-23-03, 01:57 PM
Hola! I'm Erica a newbie to this site. I love music and I work at a radio station. I have many, many cds and many many fave styles of music. I hope to see yous around!
:biggrin:

savedbyjesus
07-29-03, 12:56 AM
Hey brothers and sisters in Christ:D

Im new here, only posted a few things.

Well, Im Mike;) U all can call me Mike haha:D

Im into music like DC Talk, Jars of Clay, U2, Third Day, Michael W Smith, Hillsong (australian worship band- I recommend them:))
and lots of other stuff, especially Christian music.

Im 22, am currently studying at a bible college in NZ. Absolutely loving it at the moment.

So, thats me. Its cool to be here, and God bless u all.

P.S anyone like Delirious, Pillar and POD?:D

Hamster696
07-29-03, 01:10 PM
I like all three bands. :)

Welcome.

xAtarisSqueaker
08-01-03, 06:59 PM
Hi, I'm new here. My name is Jenna, and I've been a christian for about 3 years now, and I love Jesus Christ with everything I have. I am 13 years old, and live near Cincinnati, Ohio. So Hey everyone.

guitardude
08-09-03, 04:49 PM
Hey! Wassup, everyone? My name is Andrew. I'm a 25 year old guy who lives in Greeneville, TN (about 60 miles northeast of Knoxville). As you can tell from my user name I am a guitarist and have been playin' most of my life. I'm a worship leader and the youth choir director at my church, First Assembly of God, Rogersville. I love doing it. P&W is probably my favorite thing to do cuz worshipping God takes you straight into His presence. We serve such an awesome God! I am a total Jesus Freak! I love all types of Christian music...p&w is my fave though. My favorite bands/artists include Third Day, Audio Adrenaline, Chris Tomlin, DCTalk, Tree63, ect. I think this is a really cool board. If you wanna know anything else, just send me an email. Peace and God bless!

Andrew (guitardude) :) :D :cool:

msknowitall88
08-26-03, 08:21 PM
Hey everyone! I'm Kelly. I'm.... me. And I don't know how to introduce myself! It's kinda weird because every class at the beginning of the year makes you do introduction excercises. And let's see- I'm a 9th grader, and with 7+ different classes a year- that would be over 21 different introductions I have had to do in the last 3 years- not to mention elementary school and biographies and just run of the mill hello's and....

Oh yes, I love to ramble. Sorry... get back to your lives. It won't happen again... lol- actually it probably will

Nice to meet you all!

thewritestuff21
09-06-03, 07:00 PM
i would be mel:)
14 a massive relient k fan although i like a bunch of other bands too i can play the piano and the guitar (well sort of lol) some of my friends and i r trying to start a band i dunno wat we're going to name it i like writing stories and songs i have a physco dog named lilly and some really good friends (lol brant and britt:ghug: ) and uhhhhh :hmm: i guess that's about it!
~mel~

High_Ground
09-11-03, 04:42 PM
Cory.

Old enough to know better (30).

From Houston (fattest city in America).

Work full time and go to night school (U of Houston)

Love CCM

89.3 God Listens (it's advertising, and one of the best Christian campaigns I've seen in a while.)

agape.

snoopdaddy
10-08-03, 08:02 AM
I am new here....brand new in fact. So, I will introduce myself;
my friends call me "big snoop", and so y'all may do the same.
I am interested in all music types, but my personal fav is hard
rock, both Christian and secular alike.
If anyone has info on any new bands that fit into that category
I am interested! I am always looking for new stuff, although
I do enjoy the whole retro thing(Stryper, Barren Cross, etc)

Peace......

karova
10-13-03, 09:43 PM
Nice to meet you all!
:dunce:

You can refer to me as "karova," "blah," "Bob," or whatever other name you like, I really don't care. :) But as u can see my user name is karova, so I'm sure if i just went by that (which isn't my actual name of course) no one would get oo confused.:p

So.......I'm karova. lol

I've played drums for 4 yrs, piano for 10, and am gonna be 16 in December!!!! Oops.....I mean 17. lol, don't even know my own age. :jester:

i'm kind of a goofball, but I DO know when to be serious.
I like to read, listen to music. and yea...lots of things. I can never pick favorites cause I love almost everything, and try to love everybody. The only thing I have a favorite of, is a color. he he. But will I tell u? um...........no. You can guess, maybe someday it'll come up. lol

But yea....:biggrin: I love the Lord, always have, always will. God bless ya'all.

karova (aka: blah) (aka: Bob) lol:hyper:

MckDawg04
10-26-03, 01:02 PM
yo. u can call me Phillip or Phil, whichever you prefer

welcome.to/bibleverses
11-07-03, 06:52 PM
i love jesus!
age 21
i like to play sports. basketball, football, and more!

i have a job at daycare playing with kids!

i'm done with school!

Elusive
01-02-04, 06:59 PM
I'm Elusive! ...well, that's the name I prefer anyway cuz I'm just weird:p

My real name is Bobby
I'm male, age 22, and live on Mars.
I went to a... hmm? you don't believe I live on Mars? Well then, check the coloumn to the left to see where I'm really from ;)
I went to a private Christian school for every grade except for 5th and the first half of 6th.
I'm currently unemployed and trying to become self-employed... and slowly realizing the horrible truth that I will have to find a normal job soon:(
My actual belief structure doesn't have a title, cuz I know only one other person that shares my exact beliefs, but for the sake of explanation, the title that it would most likely fall under if it had to do so would be Paganism.
I enjoy writing and have written quite a few poems.
I'm also not very good at describing myself when comparing all I've listed to all the stuff others have listed about themselves:blush:

Ahh well, that's me in a nutshell (and it gets pretty cramped in a nutshell mind you:p )

Jenna Mee
01-14-04, 05:09 PM
hi i'm jenna. just wanted to say hey to everyone out there.

Susan
02-02-04, 12:46 PM
I'm Susan, and I'll be 51 this month--too old to be on here? :D

I'm married to Harry, also 51, we have 3 young adult children who are 22, 20, and 16 respectively, all of whom we've homeschooled all but one of their K-12 years.

I have lived in Colorado, Pennsylvania, Wyoming, Portugal, and now live in the Sunshine State where Gatormania is not a disease.

Apart from music, I like to study my Bible, read, write, herb garden, and daydream. Music-wise, I played 'cello from fifth grade through high school, took violin lessons, recently taught myself to play the recorder, and have been in a choir or singing group of some sort singing harmony since I was in fifth grade. Presently I have the privilege of being in our church's ladies praise and worship group.

Music to listen to? I enjoy some classical, some folk, but my favorite is CCM including Audio Adrenalin, Third Day, Newsboys, Supertones, Mercy Me, Hillsongs; also Ray Boltz. Just about any God-glorifying praise and worship works for me.

pashin4souls
02-16-04, 06:02 PM
Hey!

I'm Danielle and I'm from Kitchener Ontario-Canada

Im 17 years old currently in high school finishing up my grade 12. After that I'm going to bible college so I can pursue God's calling on my life as a worship leader. I also have my own Christian Band on the side, we go by the name Grounded. Enuff info??? hehe God Bless you all!

JesusROX
02-16-04, 06:11 PM
hey im danna! I got saved when I was 12, and I love volleyball, softball, and basketball!

lap7
02-16-04, 09:41 PM
Hi, I'm the big Lp. I've been the big LP since 1976 when I weighted 205 and was a running back for my highschool team.

jakedateacha
03-16-04, 07:08 PM
I'm Jackie. I teach in a Christian school and lead music in my church. I just got here about 10 minutes ago, and came almost immediately to this forum. I love music of many kinds. I play guitar and cello, with a little of a few other things sprinkled in. I'm single, childless and quite content with my status as a "Protestant nun".

transparent
04-12-04, 02:25 PM
My name's Dave, I live in northwest Missouri, I'm 41(old!)
I'm a song writer/drummer/singer My bands name is
Transparent Heart (heb.4:12-13) www.transparentheart.com
I'm married have 3 kids from previous marrage and 3 step-childern
I was a pastor for 10 years but had to resign because of divorce
I was in depression to the point of suicide...but God had other
plans for me. Thats what the band, it's music,it's ministry are all about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
conviction,I gotta make amends,to heal the wounds,caused by
all my sins,to clean the blood from every page,from the story of
the man in the mirror!

can I lie to myself,or is the truth to plane to see;
what can I hide in my transparent heart that conviction;
won't make evident to me!

NNL
05-24-04, 08:16 PM
Hi I'm Nick

What I like to do:

Most of all I love God. And I like to write (stories mainly and some poetry), watch TV (Leave it to Beaver, ST:TNG, Seinfield), listen to music, read the Bible, go to Church, I'm making a game, playing video games, going on here and posting, and computers.

Music:

I listen to is Country, misc, Movie Scores and Christian Music (contemporary worship)

coupegal
06-06-04, 01:51 PM
HI :-) I am Jessica and I live in VA. I have been a christian since I was 9 and I am looking for some christian friends to chat with and know :-) I love to read, write and sing...among other things :-) drop me a line to learn more. Take care and God bless you! :ghug: :wave:

relientkgirl
06-18-04, 03:05 PM
hi. my names Alex. I'm Roman Catholic, i'll be 14 on the 22nd, and i live in California. Oh, and my favorite food is kentucky fried chicken. i like the colors blue and teal, and i like to watch comedy movies. i'm kinda shy, but once you get to know me, i'm pretty loud. i love rollerblading, rollercoasters, writing, and i really love the band Relient K.:D

faithangel45
06-27-04, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by transparent
My name's Dave, I live in northwest Missouri, I'm 41(old!)
I'm a song writer/drummer/singer My bands name is
Transparent Heart (heb.4:12-13) www.transparentheart.com
I'm married have 3 kids from previous marrage and 3 step-childern
I was a pastor for 10 years but had to resign because of divorce
I was in depression to the point of suicide...but God had other
plans for me. Thats what the band, it's music,it's ministry are all about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
conviction,I gotta make amends,to heal the wounds,caused by
all my sins,to clean the blood from every page,from the story of
the man in the mirror!

can I lie to myself,or is the truth to plane to see;
what can I hide in my transparent heart that conviction;
won't make evident to me!
What is Transparent Heart, a Christian music group?:angel:

faithangel45
06-27-04, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by thewritestuff21
i would be mel:)
14 a massive relient k fan although i like a bunch of other bands too i can play the piano and the guitar (well sort of lol) some of my friends and i r trying to start a band i dunno wat we're going to name it i like writing stories and songs i have a physco dog named lilly and some really good friends (lol brant and britt:ghug: ) and uhhhhh :hmm: i guess that's about it!
~mel~
Janna
Interests Cooking, reading, going to church, going to the movies, writing Chrisyour message.
friends. :wave: :us: :coffee:

Veryhighfrequency
07-03-04, 10:10 AM
Hi, I'm a forty five year old man who has very little time and interest for and in the phenomena dubbed Contemporary Christian Music. I know it might unsettle people, but I find it intensely divisive in the form of loud quasi-rock arrangements inside churches, disrespectful to Our Saviour when it confuses sexual love and agape-love ("My J EEESUS , my comfort."..it's ghastly IMHO) and dishonest when it preaches things that are not true ("We are one in the Spirit...know we are Christians by our love"?)

I came out of contact with the charismatic movement,because I couldn't stand any more of these worship songs, but they have not gone away.They carry on unabated complete with the right headgear (my cynicism) and mindless actions in far too many churches.Sorry,but I don't want to address God in a trance that just never stops and blows out your eardrums.

I promise to say something positive, but if you're wondering about my bid for the worst song ever used by Christians (it's pre-charismatic, but actually full of heresy) it has to be the unbearable "Lord of the Dance" I don't think I'm alone in really thinking that one is dire.

I sang in church choir for about fifteen years. A charismatically influenced incumbent soon changed my enthusiasms.I like theologically strong hymns,not ones that are only pretending to be.The most powerful pieces of religious music remain for me Handel's Messiah (which I've sung in ) and Bach's S Matthew Passion (tears me to bits).Frank and Gounod are totally downgrade in comparison, Mozart did not do too badly with "Ave Verum Corpus" but it's a test piece.No no no to "Ave Maria" ...

I'm not impressed by the virtual reality special effected and affected Songs of Praise on TV, where floaty girls flit through landscapes supposedly singing about the latest fad which is "Celtic" Christianity.It's ludicrous.Radio hymns also leave me rather cold, but their presentation is not as irritaing.

Just as one model:Timothy Dudley Smith rewrote "My soul doth magnify" as "Tell out my soul" , just compare its craft and structure with what modern hymnologists do.They load words together like ingredients to a hamburger..Every cliche stuffs line upon line...Some of them are just badly bound titles of Jesus. The old fashioned word was not hymn, it was litany.

I'm looking for inspiration here, someone to convince me without an electronic organ and an overhead projector the point of crashing gongs and tinkling cymbals.

I live in hope in N W England and I'm happy to say that this post proves one thing that my registration bug of earlier is cleared.

You can e-mail or private message me in the usual manner.

Bristow
07-03-04, 11:06 AM
Hello. My name is Jeff.

I am now 26 years old and have been for 72 hours now. :)

I became a Christian when I was 16 years old and came out of a non-christian alchoholic home.

I attended a Community College in Illinois and got involved with a Campus Ministry and decided to go on a missions project to Mexico. I went mainly to go to another country for cheap. But God used this to change the direction of my life. I was looking at being a computer networking guru, but He revealed to me He had other plans. I wasn't really sure what a missionary was but I knew he was asking me to be one.

So after I graduated from Community College I attended Minnesota Bible College and graduated in 2002. I expected by this time to know where I was going and what I was going to do but I was at a loss.

In 2003 I began serving with New Mission Systems International as Director of Short-Term Projects. Througn a lot of prayer, and mentorship it has become clear to me that I am going to Kenya. And over the past year God has also answered my most frequent prayer, for a wife. I met my fiance Jaime at NMSI and we are getting married this year and planning to leave for Kenya in 2005.

Other tidbits about me:

I have been coming to ILJ for over a year now, but don't always post often.

I play acoustic guitar well, but haven't the slightest clue about music theory.

I like politics. I like Linux. I dislike Microsoft as a corporation. I have a bottle of windex on my desk as I type this.

And.... I have a website that has pictures and other tidbits of info about myself and my fiance. http://www.thebristows.com

If you would like to chat with me I usually have my IM program running 24/7.

faithangel45
07-03-04, 11:29 PM
Hello. My name is Jeff.

I am now 26 years old and have been for 72 hours now. :)

I became a Christian when I was 16 years old and came out of a non-christian alchoholic home.

I attended a Community College in Illinois and got involved with a Campus Ministry and decided to go on a missions project to Mexico. I went mainly to go to another country for cheap. But God used this to change the direction of my life. I was looking at being a computer networking guru, but He revealed to me He had other plans. I wasn't really sure what a missionary was but I knew he was asking me to be one.

So after I graduated from Community College I attended Minnesota Bible College and graduated in 2002. I expected by this time to know where I was going and what I was going to do but I was at a loss.

In 2003 I began serving with New Mission Systems International as Director of Short-Term Projects. Througn a lot of prayer, and mentorship it has become clear to me that I am going to Kenya. And over the past year God has also answered my most frequent prayer, for a wife. I met my fiance Jaime at NMSI and we are getting married this year and planning to leave for Kenya in 2005.

Other tidbits about me:

I have been coming to ILJ for over a year now, but don't always post often.

I play acoustic guitar well, but haven't the slightest clue about music theory.

I like politics. I like Linux. I dislike Microsoft as a corporation. I have a bottle of windex on my desk as I type this.

And.... I have a website that has pictures and other tidbits of info about myself and my fiance. http://www.thebristows.com

If you would like to chat with me I usually have my IM program running 24/7.
Jeff, seeing that you came from an enviroment of alcohol abuse, :( and survived, you are the perfect person to touch the lives of kids whose parents, siblings, etc, are into alcohol. :highfive: The kids will realize that if Jeff did it, so can I. IMHO. :highfive:

newsgirl021
08-02-04, 03:10 AM
I'm Kristine
I live in Washington
I'm obsessed with radio contests :hdphones:
I have won 37 Radio contests this year :excited:
I like kickboxing
I want to be a photographer, radio DJ, or teacher
I have met Jessica Simpson :lol:
I went to creation 2002
I have like 1000 songs on my ipod
I love music
I am a computer dork :)

punkrockingchic
08-06-04, 03:47 PM
Hi, I just joined... :wave: My name's Jessica. I am 19 years old. I am going to be a freshman at Camden County College at the end of August and I really like listening to music and researching about different groups and stuff. Some of my favorite groups are Relient K, Switchfoot, Pillar, Kenny Chesney, and Toby Keith (among many others. lol)

lap7
08-06-04, 10:28 PM
Hey, welcome to the bds.

MAGNI
08-21-04, 07:04 PM
JESUS RULES! www.magnimusic.com come chek out what GOD has created we are heavy and bring it to you.......

Captured_Heart
08-29-04, 08:15 PM
I thought there was only one on the welcome board. Shows you how well I find my directions around here. :D

You can call me Rose (not my real name but if you want a name to go by. I never give out my real name online because I have never felt comfortable doing so. Just so you know the truth.)

What can I say I love Music especially christian music. I don't play an instrument yet. I would like to learn the guitar one of these days. I like the guitar because it's not as big as a piano. I used to play the piano but that was just beginner lessons. I liked playing mashed potatoe or what ever the song was called with my sister for fun. ........I forget and I am not even sure if I got the name right.

Didn't learn piano tho and it got sold down the road. Pretty heavy piano too not something you want to find your foot caught under. I love to sing and have sang in my elementary, broadcast, church choir in my youth. In the past I used to sing praise tunes with a few people and also some songs on my own on the subway.

I could sense a real need there and miss it because I don't get around as well as I used to and hope some other crazy nut christian (like my self) is singing on the subway out there in my place. It was a little ministry for me besides some street ministry I would do. I usually did this alone because I couldn't always call on anyone else to go out with me. Lately I have had to stop because of personal reasons.

Thats about it for now. :)

dizzyhed87
10-19-04, 05:23 PM
Hi. I'm Liz. I'm new on this board.
I'm 17.
I live in St. Paul, MN
I play the violin
I sing; I'm not currently doing any voice lessons
I'm a senior in high school
I want to be an engineer; don't know what kind, I was thinking either mechanical or civil.
I'm in the church choir
I attend a Lutheran Church
I was raised in a Christian family
I've been a saved Christian since freshmen year
I've been wanting to join a message board for awhile but haven't had the time. Now I finally do, hopefully I can post fairly often.
I love contemporary Christian music such as; Steven Curtis Chapman, MercyMe, Third Day, Newsboys, Delerious?, Tree63, Avalon, Micheal W. Smith...I could go on for awhile.
I have never been to a concert. :-( Steven Curtis Chapman is in town in early November, but I'll be out of town that weekend, I was really mad about that. oh well.

Well, that's all I can think of for now.

~Liz

lyzz
11-22-04, 01:00 PM
:cowboy: I'm lyzz...

I pretend to play guitar
I make joyful noises that only God would find joyful
I work at an awsome summer camp Word of Life RANCH this will be my third summer
Senior in high school
Hope to attend Word of Life Bible Inst. this fall
Casting Crowns FREAK alos like Jars of Clay, MercyMe, Rachel Lampa, Jennifer Knapp
Chocolate is my favorite food group
:cowboy:

Back_Flip
12-08-04, 05:25 PM
I'm "flippy". :biggrin:
I'm 11 years old.
I don't play anything but hope to learn guitar. :biggrin:
My favorite band is Skillet! :yum:
I'm homeschooled :spin:
I thinks that's about it :shy:

Chicky
01-17-05, 10:25 AM
Well My name is Sarah, I'm 24...i've been saved since i was 5, I live in Beautiful Vermont! I love it, it's kind of cold :snowman: if you're not used to it though..I'm an only child, which can be a blessing or a curse ;) I have two jobs... i work in a deli at a local grochery store @ night, and i work at a day care 3 mornings a week.. I love my day care job, nothing is more rewarding than a childs love. No Wonder God said we had to be like children to enter the kingdom of heaven.. I've been engaged a few times.. no regrets, just lessons learned...Trying to find the someone God's chosen for me :love: My family and friends are very important to me. :hug: On new years eve i went out with some of my girlfriends and had the most amazing time! I love my friends.. My best friend is pregnant.. i'm worried about her, she's only been wanting to spend time with the father... (who has no intention to marry her) all i've been able to do is pray for her...Yesterday was my cousin megans first winter ball... I let her borrow my black pea coat for the special event. I can't wait to hear how it went. I'm not sure how i'd live without music! I like everything except country... :sing: I sing whereever i am...church, work, the car, just walking....I love almost all christian music...most recently my favorite is www.matkearney.com check him out, he's amazing! I love romantic movies, anything with sandra bullock, julia roberts or meg ryan, everyone tells me i look like anne hathaway from princess diaries. I collect "I love lucy" stuff...I love butterflies and my car (a 2003 black kia rio sedan) whom I named "Lucy" is full of Tinkerbell stuff!! I'm forever searching for who God wants me to be, striving to be more like him... most recently, learning to show love in all cirumstances.. not an easy thing... well I think that's it for now... that's me in a nutshell..

much love,
Chicky

Sound Priest
02-08-05, 08:58 PM
I was born and raised in Evansville Indiana, Cruised Green river Road in my old beater car as a kid...

Oh! Here this better sums up my life right here.

Intro: aaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!

Get up, get down, but don't stay down.
Get up, get down, but don't let them keep you down.

I was a victim of child abuse,
I didn't even know it till age 32.
My father made a beast out of me,
now his grandchildren he will never see.
I suppose it wasn't my fathers fault,
because by the government, he was taught.
In Vietnam he was a killing machine,
killing his prey without being seen.
When his time at war was through,
they brought him back with nothing to do.
no job, no love, no family,
you spit in his face,
then put him in the streets.

(Heavy Guitar Solo...)

The soldiers in Iraq will get the same,
We've seen it before, and now we'll see it again.
Poor boys leave their families
to fight for the rich and keep world peace.
If not for the poor where would we be?
All these rich cowards, they would flee.
Senator man on Capitol Hill,
Dodging the draft, just like Bill.
Poor boys join on their own free will.
Off to help the rich, make their first kill.
This time around, save your spit,
for your local senate is the one who needs it.

And that's about it about my life, I believe in Jesus Christ, and have a Christian Metal band called Sound Priest, that i hope is giving people "hope."

lap7
02-08-05, 10:29 PM
Hey, there's alot of anger in this song. What can you tell me about it ?

Orpheus42
02-09-05, 08:30 PM
Evansville? Cool, that's where I live!

diversityROXZ
03-20-05, 01:06 AM
:wave: aloha :-)
my name's sierra, i'm 18 and living in indiana~~~but soon i will be moving to sunny california, for college, and i can't wait!!
i love christian rock festivals, and meeting cool people from around the world, love traveling, learning, scary movies, adventures, life and God ;-)
my favorite band is dcTalk, though i like many more (switchfoot, newsboys, audio adreniline...)
i would like to make some new friends so feel free to PM me........
and if you check out my thread where i'm asking for HELP that would rock my world!! ;-)

God bless!!! <3
SiERRa*

Love
03-20-05, 05:31 AM
:p Hi Sierra, I am new to this message board stuff but I would like to become friends with you. I like DC T alk also but I must say that the Newsboys are my all time favourite Christian Music band. I live in Texas and would love to hear from you soon. God bless you and have a great week.

Love

Ann
03-20-05, 11:28 AM
Hello Love and Sierra :) welcome to ilj. Hope you will both find friends and fellowship here.

BTW PM does not work on these boards. It looks as if it might but in fact it is not enabled partly due to matters of band width and cost. You may have noticed we don't bombard you with ads and don't sell your email etc. so we have to keep costs as reasonable as possible. Most folks seem to prefer it that way.

diversityROXZ
03-21-05, 01:19 AM
hey Love, I wrote you an email ;-)

and thank you Ann for the nice welcome :-)

Happy (late) Palm Sunday and (late!!) first day of spring!!

<3
God bless you both!
SiERRa*

Care_Bear_Becky
06-17-05, 09:46 PM
i'm Becky. i'm from SWFL (which is very wet :snorkel: and hot right now due to the tropical storms). umm.....i'm a dancer! i've taken Hip-Hip classes for 6 years at a christian studio. i'm also a ammatuer photographer. I've never seen snow :snowman: , but i have survived Hurricane Charley, Irene and Francis. (the joys of living in fl) I'm into singing too. :sing: i'm a 2nd alto/1st tenor in my chior at school.
I also love broadway! acting is one of my favorite things to do.

lap7
06-17-05, 11:13 PM
Welcome, and may you bless as you are being blessed here.

Ann
06-18-05, 12:26 AM
Hello Becky welcome :wave: We seem to have a number of hurricane survivers here as well as one penguin who is heading into the hurricane zones.

Trouble
06-30-05, 01:42 PM
Lorelei, or Trouble...whatevah you may prefer
20 years old
DOB 4/27/1985
5'6"
Light brown hair...was born with jet black, then it turned red, then dark brown, got lighter...
Brown-hazel eyes
I have two dogs plus my dad's
I have had several pets over the years
I can play the piano...sorta...I actually haven't in some time...REFRESHER COURSE!!
I own a keyboard (which I use as a piano) and a guitar
I want to learn guitar
I was saved at age 6
Rededicated my life at age 18
I've gone to Pleasant Grove for...almost two years...I think
I'm silly/cheesy
I love life
I once was really into zodiac/astrology stuff
I recently burned all my secular CDs in a bonfire
I do volunteer work at my church office
I am a part of the church van ministry
I will soon be starting to help out with youth leadership
I email the ******* group aka my Sunday School class the weekly calendar
I recently made visitor forms for the ******* group...so we can keep up with visitors
My fave color's purple...I also like black, red, blue, and silver
My fave radio stations are 104.7 the Fish, 89.3 His Radio, and 91.5 Rock Solid Victory
Love music
I write poetry...I have over 90 poems...
I LOVE JESUS... dot com...

Ann
06-30-05, 02:20 PM
or www.ilovejesus.com :D

churchMOM
11-16-05, 03:27 PM
My name is Linda. I am 24 and I have two wonderful sons, Nathan (3) and Brandon (18 months). I have been married to my husband for five years. I am college student and soon I will have a cetificate in Library Information Technology. I love reading, writing, and music. My favorites are Christian and Country.

churchMOM

Orpheus42
12-30-05, 06:06 PM
Well, I'm still Jason, and I'm still in Indiana, though I'm looking to move to Pasadena, California to attend Fuller Theological Seminary.

But I'm still here. :p

faeroeisle
12-30-05, 08:22 PM
hey. i'm karla. wow. shows my last visit was 2 yrs ago. so thinking no one knows me. my taste in music has changed a bit from philmore and ace-t(punk) to emery and falling up. of course i've always had a soft spot for rock. dabble a bit in not so hard metal like demon hunter. still got my old favorites like supertones although they broke up, and dc talk should really get back together. dont do country, can't handle it, unless i'm at Cracker Barrel, ironic how that's my favorite restaurant. umm, oh, yeah was out of school for 2yrs. now back in. feel like a freshman all over again. moved from southeast Tn to m'boro, tn. yeah, big move i know. but goin it alone this time no roommates, just me & my dog. and oh how God provides.okay, that's about it.

Ann
12-30-05, 09:03 PM
Welcome back. Isn't it amazing hos God provides and doesn't forget even the smallest things.

And Jas it is really good to see u at the bds.

lap7
12-30-05, 09:24 PM
:sing: WELCOME BACK!!:sing:

mgarver
01-09-06, 11:49 PM
hi im michael, im 22 and trying something new for a change. im trying to meet other christians. im hoping to start a ministry soon and with God's help it will spread like wildfire. pray for me.

i live in florida now after traveling across the west via thumb. its another new thing im trying, so far settling down hasnt been an option but i believe the lord wants me to stay here for a while. i've met a great church family and i hope that i will be allowed to return between trips.

yes, my profile says im a pirate. arrrghh:rofl: . i perform with cap'n jack and his bucaneer buddies. visit www.bucaneerbuddies.com to learn more.

i look to learn several new vocations; photography, carpentry, leather working, any and every instrument i can, and i want to start singing profesionaly.

anyways, talk to you later

Ann
01-10-06, 12:16 AM
Hello Michael welcome to the bds. You may want to recheck your link. It doesn't run and no such thing showed up on web search.

elc
01-10-06, 04:22 PM
helloooooooooo
I'm Nicole- and i think im the only 14 year old here. Anyways... i live in kuwait! I know that seems a bit odd. Elc is actually the name of the church i go to here (english language congregation). Its an awesome place, and im really blessed to have such a church (especially in the middle east).
I just joined, and i hope i will get to make good friends here
:)

Rainbow Faith
02-18-06, 08:47 AM
I've introduced myself before, but that is thread that I can remember, my name is Jenny I am eighteen years old, and I live in Bournemouth a town on the south west coast of the United Kingdom. I haven't been posting that regularly yet on these here boards but I hope to get to know you all soon.

Ann
02-18-06, 02:14 PM
Hello Jenny
Keep posting and fellowshipping and sharing Jesus :)

lap7
02-18-06, 02:32 PM
:wave: HELLO JENNY!!

confusedmomma
04-28-06, 03:19 PM
I'm Deena, pastor's wife, worship leader and homeschool mother of 3. I'm new, checking the site out...

Don Disney
04-28-06, 03:25 PM
Welcome

Ann
04-28-06, 07:01 PM
Hello Deena welcome to ilj. :wave:

You will find profiles of the site leaders at http://www.iljboards.com/showthread.php?t=26683
This may be useful toohttp://www.iljboards.com/faq.php?

lap7
04-28-06, 11:18 PM
:wave: Hey Deena!
Sounds like you are a very busy woman!! Glad to have you here!
God bless!

Ann
04-29-06, 01:01 AM
btw Deena why confused?

Dave
05-14-06, 07:20 PM
well i am back been gone / busy with life. And Life took the drivers seat for a bit there and God took the backseat. Which is not good. It took no net for a few days to see that. So, I am looking and getting back to Fellowship with Christians so I am back.

lap7
05-14-06, 09:20 PM
Glad you're back, you were missed! How's the licensing coming?

Ann
05-14-06, 09:38 PM
Glad you are back, Dave. Sorry you have been having kind of a rough time. Life does tend to get very bossy at times.

humblepie
05-17-06, 06:50 AM
hi my name is humblepie
my sell by date is the end of may (pastry starts to crumble then)
i'm a multi gender humble pie for anyone who wants a taste of me
i come in three different varieties, apple, rhubarb and peach.
my location is at the very top of the bakery shelf unless i get cracked then i get put to the bottom shelf.

lol :yum:

lol actually thats not entirely true.

my name is nic and i live in ireland. i'm 23.

i love hymns to hum along to all day
i attend a non denominational church and a monthly presbyterian one
i adore gods creation so i love walks in the forest and woodlands and country roads.
i love animals of all kinds and recently i have accepted that spiders are gods to and i should try and like them (Its hard though lol).

i am full time employed and work alot of hours in the week, but have a good few off which evens it out.

lap7
05-17-06, 07:56 PM
Hmm...spiders are gods - then mice are little demons - I think there was a mouse around in the garden with the snake and Eve, but you have to read between the lines to see it!

numan
10-17-06, 08:09 PM
hi. i'm eric. last of the original hippies. okay, not the last... but original!
what i think is cool is that Jesus loves headbang, too!:frypan: rock on!

lap7
10-17-06, 10:24 PM
Hey Eric!!
Welcome to ILJ! We're glad you're here!

Ann
10-17-06, 11:17 PM
Hello Eric welcome to ilj :wave: How did you find these bds? Holler if you need help on anything. :)

soulwords
10-13-08, 07:51 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm 27 years old from TN, I'm a grad student and recently married

Charles
10-14-08, 12:18 AM
Hello :wave: welcome to ilj. Do you sing or play or simply listen and enjoy?

Namaste
07-10-11, 03:34 PM
Hey ya'll, I'm cole, I love Jesus and I love music

Ann
07-10-11, 07:31 PM
Hi Cole hope you enjoy ilj

david.disciple.of.jc
08-13-11, 02:23 PM
I am back lol i used to a member of here *dave or soemthing like that, anywho.

A lot as changed since i been here last. My mother is studying for her Masters in masters in divinity at Asbury Theological Seminary. I am liveing with her and going to LUO ( Liberty University Online ) studying for Bachelor of Science in Religion. I will be starting my 2nd year on the 22nd. I stoped the umc candidacy process few years ago but, last year i started over with it. It seems that it has changed snice i stoped and started over its much user friendy now. Thou i am still waiting for a mentor cus i live in a other state then my district. Aslo got a new DS who is helping me much better then the old one. He loves the idea that me and my mother are doing the process at the same time thou she is much father then me but still. Anywho i think thats about all.

Ann
08-15-11, 02:01 PM
Hello David welcome home. I'm glad things are going better for you. Hope you will visit the boards often. We have a quizle going in Christian fellowship, some discussions in The Doorway including one on Old and New Testament differences, the usual nonsense in Wacky World and we really need some input on this music section. Who are your favorite groups right now?

rudyhiebert
05-23-17, 12:33 AM
1.) I value encouraging post from people who share their experiences that helps me with stuff.
2.) If music is the topic threads I will share how much I love southern gospel quartets. This machine is set to hear southern gospel radio stations.

Ann
05-23-17, 09:22 AM
Hello Rudy. Welcome back! Its been a long long time. How are you?

Charles
11-20-17, 07:17 PM
Do anyone remember me?

Samule
12-27-17, 06:12 PM
Donít know if I done this before but Iím from Alabama and Iím old. Used to play guitar at church and on radio

faithangel45
05-31-18, 12:59 PM
I am sorry for not replying sooner, but I just read your message. Welcome aboard :):)