PDA

View Full Version : Subway banned homeschoolers from essay contest

Ann
05-27-08, 05:20 PM
Why exactly I don't understand.
A number of home school parents are suggestion people show Subway the same consideration Subway is showing their kids.

Here's Subway's contest announcement in part "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contest is open only to legal residents of the Untied (sic) States who are currently over the age of 18 and have children who attend elementary, private or parochial schools that serve grades PreK-6. No home schools will be accepted. "

source http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/05/subway_bans_homeschooled_kids.html

Flannel Avenger
05-27-08, 08:53 PM
Obviously, it's because they knew that if they let the homeschoolers in the contest the non-homeschooled students wouldn't have a chance :p

I had heard it speculated that it was a poorly thought out way of dealing with the grand prize of gym equipment for the child's school.

tann
05-29-08, 10:25 AM
If the prize was school equipment for a gym they should have put more thought into it..
just leaving out home schooled kids was sure the wrong way to go about it...
really sounds terrible ..they may want to hire some new public relations people...

Teresa
06-06-08, 06:44 PM
I think Subway apologized for it. I can understand since the grand prize was $5000 in play equipment it would be better for it to go to a school with lots of kids to use it and not to a small homeschool setting. Maybe they could have made the second and third prizes open to homeschool winners instead of excluding, people might be more understanding about it.

Being a homeschool mom, I also know how persecuted we can be and standing up for ourselves is important too.:yes: