PDA

View Full Version : Calling???

Ann
05-10-08, 01:55 AM
Do you have a sense of having a certain calling in the Lord, a certain area of ministry, certain things that you are meant to do?

janny108
05-10-08, 10:02 AM
I've always loved to sing even when I was younger. I feel something is missing from life if I don't do it, and I've been there too.

Lately, our church has started a Celebrate Recovery ministry which I will check out as soon as I'm recovered from surgery on the 22nd. I have been thru a few things and I think I can contribute something.
Jan

Susan
05-10-08, 12:44 PM
The Lord has made me a teacher, whether I will, or no. :)

Ann
05-15-08, 12:12 AM
The two times I am most "alive" in the Lord which to me is a way of knowing where I am called are when I am ministering His word to a group of people and when I am sharing with someone about hunger and homelessness and encouragingt them to help or doing something about it myself.

When I first came back to the Lord as an adult God made one scripture stand out as I prayed for direction Proverbs 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Rev. Kev
05-15-08, 01:34 AM
Listening

Ann
05-15-08, 01:58 PM
KEV LIVES!

I thought you had gotten so busy with your new responsibilities you had forgotten all about us. :D How are you?

Rev. Kev
05-15-08, 02:11 PM
Great! Just busy. Been stoppin' in and readin' not postin' though.:hyper:

Ann
05-15-08, 05:16 PM
I hear congratulations are in order :)

Rev. Kev
05-15-08, 09:16 PM
Thanx:blush:

Breni Sue
05-17-08, 10:57 AM
I don't know if I'd call it a "calling", but I've always wanted to do a job that involved helping animals. Like a no-kill shelter or rescue center. I feel this "connection" with animals and a desire to help them have the kind of good life they deserve. Probably why I have so many cats, LOL.