PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Jesus loves everyone?

GoodJobGuy
04-28-08, 03:27 PM
ok there are churches out there that think God hates certian people, i am not sure i can post what kind of people that they think He hates. but what do you think?

Ann
04-28-08, 07:59 PM
Hello :) It's been a long time. How are you?

Too often people do not make a differentiation between behavior and the person doing the behavior. God's word tells us very plainly that He loves all people for ex John 3:16 & 17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." His word makes it equally plain that He hates sin. The problem arises when people are so bonded with the sin in their own meart and mind and/or in the eyes of others that the sin becomes their identity. For example children may tell a lie and lying is sin but when someone makes a habitual lifestyle of lying and deciet (as for example Jacob did) they become identified as a liar or a deceiver. It is sin that separates us from God. Jesus came to bridge over that separation on the cross because He loves us as I know you know. Each person has a choice whether to cross that bridge of love away from sin and into righteousness or to remain identified with sin and reject the love of Jesus. Jesus love for us did not make him less righteous or more willing for us to live in sin whether that sin is lying, stealing, fornication with someone of the same or a different gender, murder, backbiting. He did not come to whitewash sin He came to bloodwashed us and set us free from sin.

GoodJobGuy
04-28-08, 08:24 PM
i agree with you 100% there are Churches out there that think Gods hates homosexualys, Westboro Bapt. Church and Landover Bapt. Church are two i know of. and it pains me to see that, almost as much when a unsaved person dies. it is because they should be spreading the truth and they are spreading lies and people base what they say to all Christians.

Ann
04-28-08, 09:13 PM
Landover Baptist turns out to be a spoof someone created not a real church. Westover is unfortunately very real. They have come to visit our town more than a few times. In one really ugly scene they grabbed at and screamed at a young woman standing watching a parade telling her that because she was alone with a baby in her arms she was a whore. Had they known her they would have known she was a recent widow who loved Christ so much that she prayed for them through her tears. I suppose there will always be people who hate and fear. I need Jesus to help me to love them.

GoodJobGuy
04-28-08, 09:24 PM
i don't really see them as a church but as a cult, i know that sounds bad but it is kind of the truth, sadly.

Breni Sue
04-29-08, 11:37 AM
I normally can't properly express my thoughts about WBC without injecting a moderate amount of profanity, but I'll try. ;)

From what I understand, WBC isn't even an officially recognized church. (their "church" is mostly comprised of family members). And even if they were, they're not Christians by any stretch of the imagination. Those wackos are responsible for turning more folks away from Christianity than they have towards it. They are IMO a very disturbed, unhappy group of people who - sadly enough - pass that negativity onto their kids. Has anyone ever seen any clips of their kids talking? It's very scary.

Back when the PA Amish school shooting took place, Phelp's daughter appeared on TV and said - without even mincing words - that the victims and the entire community were all going to hell because she says the Amish were a cult who didn't properly follow the word of God (yeah I know, pot-kettle-black). The Amish in turn, forgave the man who did the shooting and even went to his parent's house to console them. If that's not following the word of God, I don't know what is.

I just hope I never encounter one of the Phelps'. I may need someone to gag me to keep me from speaking my mind.

Don Disney
04-29-08, 06:00 PM
Breni, a few choice words also come to mind whenever I think of the Phelps clan. I agree with you too, goodjobguy, they show more signs of a cult then they do of true believers. They are simply better at getting airtime on the news than Christians do. :redhotmad

Whitewolf
04-30-08, 01:44 PM
And yet with all the hatred they've been spewing and teaching their followers,one day even they will have to stand before Almighty God and give an account. Unfortunately it's not easy for the rest of us to have to listen to that nonsense,but one day instead of playing God,they will be facing Him.

And to think of all the children they are bringing up in that kind of life. Teaching your children to hate,I just don't understand it. That doesn't come from the Christ I know.