PDA

View Full Version : When will Jesus Christ Come Back?

Ann
04-23-08, 11:36 PM
We have spent the better part of 3 weeks in revival meetings. One evangelist in particular is very convinced that Jesus will be back w/in the next 3 yrs. I can see his points and what he bases this upon tho I do not at this point have a clear witness in my spirit that he is accurate. But what if he is? Would I be ready? Would you? What if Jesus came back tomorrow? How ready would we be?

His word says in Ephesians 5:27 and 2Peter 3:14 He is coming for a bride (church) that is without spot, wrinkle, or blemish. Does that describe us? What do we need to do so that we do match that description?

Whatever your doctrine about the return of Christ: "any moment", "pretrib", "midtrib", "post trib" or "who knows" (and many of you know what I have believed) there are 3 things absolutely certain
1. Christ will return - not as a Suffering Servant this time but as a conquering, ruling King
2. For any of us that last day, last breath could come at any moment and we absolutely need to be ready with no unfinished business (failures of obedience, bitter unforgiveness, etc. to mar our meeting face to face with Him
3. Our trust must be in Jesus Christ not in the times and seasons, not in doctrine but in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and in His love for us and His ability to keep us. Paul wrote in 2Tiimothy 1:12 "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. "

Breni Sue
04-27-08, 11:02 AM
With all the stories of world hunger, child abuse/killing, mass shootings, etc...., a part of me hopes this guy is right. Because at least then all the bad stuff would be over and no child would ever have to suffer again. But another part of me wants the chance to live out this life and accomplish things here before that happens.

People have been predicting the end though since, well, the beginning. Many thought the end would come once the temples in Jerusalem were destroyed. Then we had those who thought for certain it would be the year 1000. And here in recent years, it was believed it would come when we reached the year 2000. Now suddenly we are hearing from those who believe it will come in 2012. (for those unfamiliar with this theory, Google 12-20-2012) We can forecast and speculate all we want, but in reality I don't think anyone will be able to accurately predict it. When it happens, it will be at a time when everyone least expects it. My opinion anyway.

Ann
04-27-08, 12:25 PM
When it happens, it will be at a time when everyone least expects it. My opinion anyway. Yep that is Jesus' opinion too and I think he may have inside info. Matthew 24:44 " Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. "

IN a way I wish I thought that this man's doctrine was correct because then believers would be out of here before any tribulation but however I read Matthew 24 as a whole and other scriptures as well the more I see a refining fire even for the church. Even if he is correct and believers would be gone those who are not believers would go through horrible times before the millenium.

Yrs ago a lady who was newly saved at 68 was listening to her son and others come close to fighting about how and when Christ will return. Finally trying to keep peace one said well no one knows how God will do it. Mama M. spoke up firmly I know exactly how He is going to do it. O sure how they asked patronizingly "Right" she said firmly. "God is going to do it right" That is the best doctrine I have heard on the subject. God will do it right and our focus and attention needs to be on Him and on being ready in Him for whatever.