PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Syko 1993-2008

Breni Sue
04-19-08, 11:58 PM
My beloved kitty Syko crossed over the Rainbow Bridge April 19th 2008. Somehow the door blew open last night and she got out and was attacked by a dog. I have no proof of which dog it was, but I have a pretty good idea 'cause this same dog has killed 3 other cats here in town recently, and attacked my nephew Andrew last week. The sherriff won't do a thing about him, but one way or another that mutt will be brought down.

Syko was rescued as a kitten in 1993 - a grey, wide-eyed, fluffy ball of energy. She earned her name because of her unique personality, and the fact that she didn't take crap from anyone - least of all the other cats. But she was loved by all of us. Even in her old age, she was feisty and energetic.

A couple years ago she disappeared for about 3 weeks and we assumed her to be dead. But it turned out she'd been in hiding all that time from a dog who was after her. We often made jokes about her using up all her 9 lives and now she was borrowing lives from the other cats. She was a tough old feline who lived a long life and had the potential of many more years ahead of her.

Syko was buried this afternoon at the edge of my backyard on the top of the hill, where flowers will soon begin to bloom. I've never buried a pet before, usually my animals just run off and I never see them again. So this was especially difficult for me, as well as my sisters kids.

Farewell, my little feline friend. You gave me many wonderful years and were taken from me way too soon. But now I believe with all my heart that you are up in heaven resting in the arms of angels, chasing birds and rolling in the grass. I love and miss you greatly.

I AM WITH YOU

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say
"goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

~ Author unknown

Ann
04-20-08, 12:22 AM
O Breni I'm so sorry! Cherles and I are praying for youand for the Lord to deal with dog and his owners and keep him away from all other children and pets especially babies. What a hard hard way for it to happen.

Breni Sue
04-20-08, 09:22 AM
We know who the dogs owner is. But when the sherriff went to the guys house the other day when my sister called them after it attacked my nephew, he denied it was his dog. (because apparently he's a coward who doesn't wanna take any responsibilty). So therefore, since we don't have a county animal control officer, they say it's up to us to get rid of the dog. It's total BS, the dog is obviously a threat to the neighborhood, and what's to stop it from killing a child next? It shouldn't matter if it has an owner or not, it should be up the county to settle this, not the people. Especially if it's endangering children. My sisters kids are afraid to play outside.

Ann
04-20-08, 01:21 PM
I agree very much. The thought that kept coming to me was what if a crawling baby came into that thing's view. That besides crying about Syko even tho I never met her except through your talking about her yrs back. I think maybe more crying for you. Is there a local humane society? If so sometmes they will come and get a "nuisence animal" or provide a humane live trap. As you know we live in the county in a very rural area where services are often "what services" but we have found that letters to local paper sometimes motivate county to move especially letters signed by a group of ppl. Calling the county commissioners works well too if several families will do it. Here it does not work if just one household does it.

Paulo
04-20-08, 02:30 PM
praying that the dog will be put down before it can hurt anyone else

Susan
04-20-08, 03:57 PM
I'm so sorry, Breni. :hug:

JPPT1974
04-20-08, 09:50 PM
So sorry to hear about that. Praying for you all!

tann
04-21-08, 09:20 AM
I am so sorry Breni Sue.. Lord bless you today..

and I am praying the Lord will show you what You need to do about the bad dog.. if it is just to cost of having the animal put down then perhaps your family can pool your resources and keep your children and pets safe that way..
If the cops have left it up to you then you are free to take that step..

and I am also sorry the poor animal was so mistreated he became a nuisance and a danger..very sad for that to...

:ipray: