PDA

View Full Version : advice

janny108
03-24-08, 05:08 PM
We owe the IRS $600. We are not doing what we did last year, so we won't see anything like that next year. Question: we are putting money away to pay the money in April. My husband wants to temporarily withold the tithe until we get our gov rebate in May or so. We need about $200 left. He did speak to our pastor who couldn't tell us anything, but he would pray for us.

I just feel uneasy putting the tithe money aside, we'll tithe when we get the rebate though.

Jan

Ann
03-24-08, 05:49 PM
I would feel uneasy about that also. Is your husband aware that IRS will work out a payment plan and has a very low interest charge and that you may in fact be able to ask that if you are eligible for the so called "advanced refund" that would appl to 2008 but be sent this yr you may even be able to have that applied to this yrs tax bill? Many people have a great fear of IRS but it is not a dragon - just a major pain at times.

One question is whether he would be willing to pay God as much interest on thye tithe as he would have to pay either iRS or a lender if he borrowed the money...and also whether you may have savings even if normally designated for something else that you could borrow from to meet this need.

Flannel Avenger
03-25-08, 10:09 PM
How about "economic stimulus" money? You should have a check coming from the government.

Ann
03-26-08, 12:11 AM
That is the "advanced refund "thing

Flannel Avenger
03-26-08, 07:45 PM
I got a letter from the IRS the other day saying that it wasn't a refund, and that they were going to automatically send it without me doing anything other than filing a tax return.

janny108
03-27-08, 08:19 AM
Hmm let's see we got our state refund back, I think we will get on the payment plan for the federal portion, it's not that much, but I don't want to deplete our savings either.

Would you believe our mechanic told us about something that happened Monday? Since then Chuck's been checking around for a cheaper more reasonable way to get it fixed(yeah another car issue).

Jan

Ann
03-27-08, 11:51 AM
It is amazing to me the ways the Lord will help us when we put Him first so I am believing with you for the car issue to get taken care of in an affordable way.