PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Overwhelmed

lostone
03-09-03, 01:08 PM
It's been a rough 6 months and it feels like the bottom fell out; I need a prayer.

Father died almost 1 year to the day; girlfriend left me almost 6 months ago, had to file for bankruptcy and one of my best friend's, a deputy, was shot and killed Fri.

I believe! I have faith. I know God is in control and has a plan for each and everyone of us.

I'm very blessed and graciously thankful and praise, praise and praise him. I know things can be worse.

I simply need a lift!

Michele
03-09-03, 02:00 PM
I am praying for you! :)

Ann
03-09-03, 04:04 PM
Father you have helped me through down times so often please do that for lostone. Please help him focus on Jesus and on the Love that lives in Him through Him. Please help him with the practical parts of his situations too and give him wisdom with great joy. Please minister to the family of the man who was killed and help lostone to share Your loving comfort with them. Thank You for beinging him here to be encouraged by his brothers and suisters in Jesus. Thank You for taking good care of him and helping him see the light of Jesus brighter than all darkness.

DianeBFE523
03-09-03, 09:14 PM
x 12 Dear Overwhelmed, please know that you are in the loving arms of our King. HE alone will pull you through everything. I know how it feels to be overwhelmed, I am sort of there myself right now. But I feel we all have our trials so that lessons can be learned. I know you will see the reason for all thats happening to you soon, thats the way it works for me. I marvel at how God works in my life. Its scary when you are going through the trials but wonderful when its all over and you sit back and see God's hand in it all and think "So thats why that happened." Dear Heavenly Father be with "overwhelmed" and give him peace and reassurance of your love and presence. :angel:

lap7
03-10-03, 06:09 PM
lord thank You that lostone can testify as he does. But please intervene into his life and reveal Yourself to him as he needs so love and faith to heall his wounds.

I know You have prepared a purpose filled life for him and that that purpose is to live for Your glory. This purpose will give him hope and help to see his was through these hard times.

Marilyn
03-10-03, 09:21 PM
Amen and Amen! Lord touch these lives with Your strength, Your healing, Your joy, Your companionship, Your instruction, Your wisdom, Your guidance and Your peace, in Jesus' name.

lostone
03-12-03, 05:25 PM
Thank you all for the kind words/thoughts!

Here is my thoughts now:

"I see and understand that what has happened to me is God's higher and larger plan for my life. God has a purpose for me being where I am.

All the good and all the bad had to first meet with the approval of almighty God; meet with his approval to serve the ultimate purpose of my life.

I'm here by divine providence; God is working out something in my life...this shall turn out to my salvation and to my earnest expectation."

I no longer am seized with alarm!

Ann
03-12-03, 10:28 PM
Father please help Your son keep his eyes on Jesus and walk in the paths You have chosen. Please open the right doors and close the wrong ones. Please meet each need as only You can. Thank You.

Kaline
03-14-03, 07:50 AM
Father, you are the potter of our life. I know that you want to mould this brother into your image. Pray that you will give him the strength to continue his spiritual walk with you and transform him into your ways. You ahev taguth him to be single-minded by looking into your ways only. Lord, thank you for showing your grace upon him. Shower him with your abundant blessing. In Jesus Name. Amen!

:angel: