PDA

View Full Version : did you hear?

Nampula
12-17-02, 02:01 AM
rumor has it FIF have called it quits. i heard it from a quasi-reliable source.. anybody want to verify?

Laury
12-17-02, 08:34 AM
please don't verify it, please don't verify it...

GAH.

why?! FIF was freaking awesome...

apparantly, not awesome enough.

that's sad news.. & i hate to hear it.

Subtotal
12-17-02, 04:18 PM
It's true.

They're gonna do two more albums and one more tour, and then that's it. So, at least you get a little more of them before it's completely over.

Chris B
12-26-02, 02:06 PM
Yes, I can verify, I was at the show when Reese announced it. They are touring this fall, and will release two more CDs (one of them is the "silly" album they've been talking about for awhile). And they promised to play their last show (probably next December) in Denver! :)

It is a happy break-up (nobody is mad at anybody), and the reason Reese gave was that they felt God was telling them to spend time on other things. Such as Scum of the Earth, the church the band started in Denver. There was no mention of Brave Saint Saturn (the side project of several members of FIF), but I know they are releasing a new album early next year (March or April if I remember correctly).

It is still sad, FIF is the reason I ever started listening to Christian music in the first place.

Orpheus42
12-26-02, 03:09 PM
I'm glad to see that they don't feel so institutionalized by the band and its impact on the Christian music industry that they won't get out of it if they feel God is taking them elsewhere. Such an example should be followed, in my ever-so-humble opinion... oh, how many people I know who are all-too-comfortable where they are...

candycakes
01-17-03, 10:12 PM
they can't call it quits they jsut can't....they are just to good they just can't call it quits........this is poppy:redhotmad :mad: :crying: :smash: :argue: