PDA

View Full Version : music survey

Nicole
12-14-02, 10:59 PM
found this little thing - it was kind of fun - thought I'd share with ya'll and see if anyone else wants to play along :)

It was a bit challenging for me - as I'm not much of a music person - but ya know!

(Pick a band and answer using only that band's lyrics)

I choose.... Ginny Owens

01. are you male or female?
I'm just a simple girl

02. describe yourself:
How many days, Lord Have I walked in this wilderness A thirsty pilgrim with no water to drink And this barren place is making me crazy But as I wander on, I am forced to think Seems like I have spent so much time searchin' In a dry and weary land where there's no truth But I think I'm finally realizin' That my only hope of water is the well that comes from You

03. how do some people feel about you?
I could dedicate myself to do what everyone else wants me to- Listen to them, compliment them, say the things I should. I could show up every Sunday, lead the Choir and Bible Study And they all might come to know me as a leader and a friend. Oh, I could achieve success on Earth, but success cannot define my worth And all these actions, all these words, will not matter in the end-

04. how do you feel about yourself?

And besides, I am weak, don't you want someone strong,
To lead them out of Egypt when they've been there so long? And anyway, they wont believe You ever spoke to me.
That's not your problem, God replied.

05. describe your girlfriend/ boyfriend/love interest:
Cause I am your creator, I am working out my plan,And through you, I will show them, I Am the first, I Am the last, I Am the present and the past,I Am tomorrow and today, I Am the only way.

06. where would you rather be?
There's a young Mother with three children got a stable income and a faithful husband

07. describe where you live:
Oh, it's so clearly cloudy in the land of the grey.

08. describe how you live:
You're free to dance- Forget about your two left feet And you're free to sing- Even joyful noise is music to me

09. describe how you love:
And you're free to love, Cause I've given you My love, and it's made you free I have set you free

10. share a few words of wisdom:
You can't find the answers Till you learn to question; You won't appear stupid Just ask for direction. You're insecure and it clouds your perception So stop and listen And learn a lesson in love without condition

think I just renewed by love of Ginny Owens - I'll have to go listen to her CD now :)

Metta
12-15-02, 12:34 PM
Oh thats a great idea, It makes you think about the thoughts behind the lyrics.

LaRue

1: I feel like a king... I am a citrus queen

2: We've always been diffrent but never alone, like one white tulip that stands on its own, and you will always be there and we will stay the same.

3: (that's a hard one since they sing so directly to God) I see you for yourself, intentions on the scale, I weigh them, You are not who you seem to be....We've come a long way since you've gone, We kept our faith, We still stayed strong

4: In my heart there is a choice, and in my throat there is a voice, That wants to boldly speak of You today,......... I was built afraid, I share the blame, I was born with these inconsistencies,

5: And if in the end we drift apart, I want you to know God used you right from the start......Just in case you havn't noticed, I am not over you.....I don't know if you're near of far away, but I know that I'm thinking of you today, I don't know if I even know your name....Some say there is as many as three, But I believe that there's one for me, One for me, If God could make the stars in the sky, Then why can't he make a perfect 'you and I'.

6: I am reaching for You, arms stretched towards You,

7: I have to remind myself, that this is just a waiting room and we're waitign for your love

8: And tonight and the rest of my life, I want to live for You,....And right now I come before You, To praise the name that gives me life, And every time I run to You, You'r there for me.

9: I have fallen for You, and You have fallen for me, My heart longs to be near You,.......And Trinity, You gave to me, all that love could ever be, And I intend to show, that who You are brings life to me,In surrender, in surrender, to my Lord

10: I look into the eyes of you, I see the things you don't want me to, I see through the games you play, when you go to church on sunday, God looks into the heart of you, He sees your life, It's black as night, you will find, that He will wash your sins clean and white.