PDA

View Full Version : Project 86: Truthless Heroes

AgentPhyte003
11-27-02, 06:29 PM
Does anyone else have this album? If you do or have heard it, what do you think?

Personally I think it is their best as far as musical quality goes, but I am unsure on how I feel about the lyrics. The entire CD rages against society. Many of the critiques they make are very good and acurate but it shows a lot of hopelessness. As a Christian band after 15 tracks that show the savagely show the superficialness and pointlessness of main stream society I thought that they would have ended with the only way to find true Hope and Joy, but they don't instead here are some words from the last lyrical track:
"And all along here I was told/By fallen men in thier charade that we could find a hope inside/ the safety of this empty place/ Forever will we be hollow/ hollow again.

Chris B
11-28-02, 10:58 AM
I have heard one song from the CD... they were raging against the music industry I think, which I'm ok with, but 15 tracks of the same might get old.

They did definately sound more polished sound-wise. I'll have to listen to the entire CD sometime, but you make a good point, if they are going to spend that much time telling us what is wrong with the world they might as well throw in how to make it better :)

Chris B
11-28-02, 11:02 AM
oh, and after reading your signature I have another comment. Five Iron Frenzy complains (or warns) about the [Christian] music industry, or about the treatment of Native Americans, and other things which aren't right (and there is nothing wrong with challenging something that is wrong)... but they always add some humor and some hope. I like that. Project should be like FIF :cool:

Subtotal
11-30-02, 01:10 PM
I have the CD and I absolutlely LOVE it. In my opinion, it's one of the best albums of the year - Christian or secular.

However, I do wish it had a little more of a positive outlook. But, then again, I really have no clue what they mean or what they were experiencing when they wrote the lyrics, so I really can't judge them that accurately. Andrew (lead singer) has always filled his lyrics full of metaphors, so I'm sure most I'll never quite grasp what they all are about.

SoccerAaron
12-03-02, 12:21 AM
I can't wait to get it!

catwantsin
12-23-02, 07:53 PM
I hope these guys have what it takes to be focussed on Christ in a secular world. I recently talked with a few music store owners that were completely unaware the band was considered Christian at all. Others in this catagory would be Chevelle, Blindside, 12 Stones, and others.

www.catwantsin.homestead.com

there is a band rating for these guys at the site.

Hammercrash
01-09-03, 06:46 PM
Howdy, I'm new. In fact this is my first post. WAHOOO!

Project86 is one of my favorite bands...I just got their newest cd but I haven't had a chance to listen to it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Project usually speaks out against society's norms.