PDA

View Full Version : My horror story too...

Kittycat
10-11-02, 09:50 PM
Mines no where near as good as Trishys. Yeah just dont mind the grammar mistakes there are so many I got a 76 on the grammar part. :rolleyes:

Oblivion's Revenge
Wide-eyed and trembling, Morgan awakened in a cold sweat. The only sound heard was the hum of the ceiling fan above her head. "Something is not right." she thought, as she listened quietly. The candlelight made shadows dance about the room, looking as if though she was being mocked by spirits of sorts. Cocking her head to the side she noticed one of her candles had been blown out, for the smoke was still lingering in the air. As if on a cue, it began to thunder and lightning flashed through the midnight October sky. Rain began to pour. It was if someone turned on a water faucet. She listened to the rain hit her window panes. Morgan had always loved storms. It was something about the lightning and sound of thunder that made her feel secure, but it was not so this night. Her hand shot out from the covers searching for her reading glasses. When they were found she put them on and the room became clearer. The beds moans and creaks pierced the silence as she got from the safe haven of her bed.
She crept along, her feet barely making a sound as she walked upon the wooden floor. Upon reaching her dresser, Morgan looked for the lighter that she used to light her candles. It was missing. Irritated at being awoken, she peered along her dressers to see where it was laid last. Sighing she crept to the window seat and watch the rain slowly drizzly off. "The rain is letting up" she thought to herself, as she inspected her reflection. She was not considered beautiful by her peers but mysterious. Her anthracite hair was long with a slight wave to it. She had golden eyes, that when she gazed upon another person a slight quiver went down their spine. She had an olive complexion, from her mother so she was told, for her mother was murdered when she was young. In that reflection of herself, Morgan noticed she was pallid, and that she was trembling slightly.
She shook her head and just as she was to lay herself upon her silken sheets, a she heard a peculiar scratching. It grew with intensity and with anxiety, as if something was chasing whatever it was making that scratching sound. Carefully

Morgan shuffled to her door, poised with her quarterstaff, ready to take on her intruder. She put one hand to the door, and opened it slowly. An ebony streak of fur shot into the room like a bullet. She laughed mirthlessly, it was only her black cat, Oblivion. She smiled as she picked the black cat into her arms and he purred as she petted him softly. He had obviously wanted her company. Oblivion was special to her, her mother Igraine, had been given him from a friend from Croatia. No one but her mother knew what breed he was. His pedigree papers had been burned by her father right after her mother's funeral. She never understood why he had done that, and he had never told her the cause of her mothers death. Her death happened when Morgan had been five, she is now sixteen.
Her attention now drew from those memories long past to now, for Oblivion was now on her window still staring intently on something from the ground below. She went over to the window and put out her candle. The form was of a man, still robust, and was creeping around their property looking for something. As the man passed through a flood light, at the pale man was her father. His face was contorted with fear and anger, nay with hatred, pure loathing. "What could have gotten him this upset?" she thought. Her heart began to race. Her father, Gerlois, pulled a cell phone from his pocket. After he rapidly dialed a number he appeared to begin talking fast, with what appeared to be tears running down his face. He continued talking for about three minutes or so, before he put the phone away. Shaking he started towards the house, then decided not to and stood leaning on Morgan's truck, a red Chevrolet Z81. He was not there long for he began to pace and cocked his head slightly as if listening for something.
Morgan drew away from the window. Scared she took her quarterstaff, and picked up Oblivion and headed downstairs. As she started down Oblivion jumped from her arms meowing wildly and ran down the stairs. Morgan started after slowly, carefully watching around her as she headed into a blackness, that seemed to swirl before her eyes. Shivers ran up and down her spine, but she continued on. As she reached the last step, a faint metallic scent lay heavily in

the air. Oblivion was nowhere to be found. She turned right, towards her father but something called her to the left, where the scent hung fresh in the air. Walking as quietly as she could, her footfalls still echoed throughout the first floor of the house. As she continued, the scent grew heavier, and made it difficult for Morgan to breathe. She went on to her parents bedroom, a place she rarely visited. Just as she was barely through, the door creaked suddenly and a click was heard, she was locked in.
As if by magic the touch-lamp's light filled the room. She noticed the trickle of blood coming from the opposite side of the bed. Her heart pounded so loud in her ears Morgan thought anyone close by could have heard it. As she looked at the blood some visible markings seemed to be on the floor, like paw prints. When she finally drew to the side of the bed, Morgan made herself look at the victim. It was her step-mother, Elaine, her body covered in claw marks. She drew back suddenly only to see her beloved cat, Oblivion, on the bed, with blood on his paws and mouth. She screamed for her father, but her screams were never heard, drowned out by the sirens of the ambulance and police officers coming to their house.

Ashwee
10-11-02, 11:27 PM
:eek: I like that very much... very good. Bravo! :eek:

Kittycat
10-11-02, 11:48 PM
*lol* really? Tricias is better. I didnt know our class had so many.."Stephen Kings in the makings" as Mrs. M put it.

Tricia
10-12-02, 09:19 AM
yay CATHERINE! I love all the symbolism.

btw--mine isn't better than yours. :stinkeye:

Kittycat
10-12-02, 02:35 PM
yeah it is

Laura
10-12-02, 07:19 PM

Well, I have to go lock my black cat in the basement now. Thanks Kitty. :p

Ashwee
10-12-02, 10:48 PM
:rofl:

Kittycat
10-13-02, 12:27 AM
:wah:

Aaw Im sorry Mits...is his name Oblivion? Id worry if it was.

Wait...basements? dang man major culture shock...we dont even have those down here...

Flannel Avenger
10-13-02, 12:39 AM
Base...ment...

What is this basement??

Kittycat
10-13-02, 01:03 AM
My point exactly...what are those things?!

Laura
10-13-02, 11:44 PM
HER name is Cleo. :p

Miss Cleo. "Call me now! I'm not even Jamacan, man..."

:rofl:

And basements are these concrete holes in the ground under your ground level floor. Kinda like cellers. :p

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 06:42 PM
Sell...her, what is this celler???

Laura
10-14-02, 06:43 PM
Must you be so difficult? :rolleyes:

It's another floor beneath the ground level floor in a house.

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 06:53 PM
Who puts a floor under the ground floor? Wouldn't that get in the way of your crawlspace?? :p :angel:

Laura
10-14-02, 07:06 PM
.. Crawl... space? :confused:

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 07:10 PM
Ever see Star Trek, where they crawl through the tunnels to get where they're going when the power is out?

Laura
10-14-02, 07:14 PM
"Ever see Star Trek?"

Only Deep Space 9.

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 07:20 PM
You poor deprived soul...

If you have cable, watch Star Trek: The Next Generation on TNN. If not, watch Enterprise, Wednesday at 8 on UPN.

Laura
10-14-02, 07:23 PM
Unclean, unclean!!

I've seen both. :sick:

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 07:24 PM
Then why did you say only Deep Space Nine?

Laura
10-14-02, 07:26 PM
That's the only one I ever WATCHED.

I saw one with that bald guy and that was just wrong. And my Dad watches Enterprise, and I was so bored I wanted to cry.

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 07:30 PM

You're strange...

Laura
10-14-02, 07:31 PM
-I'm- strange? You're the Trekkie. :p

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 07:37 PM
Yes, YOU are the strange one :p

Laura
10-14-02, 07:43 PM
Well, I'm proud of my uniqueness. :p

There's plently of Flannel out there, but not much Mitsy. :D

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 07:48 PM
HA! Mitsy's are a dime a dozen. There's only 1 Flannel (well, Kitty is a lot like me, but I suppose she's different enough to keep me being the only one)

Laura
10-14-02, 07:50 PM
You try buying a Mitsy jacket somewhere. You're much more likely to find Flannel. :p

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 07:54 PM
:p

Laura
10-14-02, 07:59 PM
Again - nice comeback Flan. :p

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 08:01 PM
Thou dost stinketh!

Laura
10-14-02, 08:03 PM
No I don't dear, that's yourself you're smelling. :p

Just because I'm outsmarting you... jeepers. Touchy, aren't we?

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 08:04 PM
You're just being a meaniehead :p

Laura
10-14-02, 08:13 PM
Ooo, Flannel-ese again.

I'll translate for others.

"You're just right and I can't admit it."

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 08:15 PM
*throws a geg at Mitsy*

Michele
10-14-02, 08:50 PM
Once again Mitsy, nice job at translating that rare and unwritten language! ;):D

Kittycat
10-14-02, 09:56 PM
No hijacking allowed

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 09:57 PM
What an excellent story you wrote Kitty.

Kittycat
10-14-02, 10:03 PM
Dont lie either. Go back to hijacking

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 10:04 PM
It is good!

Kittycat
10-14-02, 10:06 PM
:stinkeye::excuse:

Dont make me poke you.:stinkeye:

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 10:18 PM
Don't make me publish your story!

Kittycat
10-14-02, 10:19 PM
There are soo many grammar mistakes.....its a waste of time.

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 10:22 PM
HA! Since when have I let a puny thing like Grammer stand in my way!

Kittycat
10-14-02, 10:27 PM
grammar you mean

since i said do it and die

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 10:29 PM
You won't kill me!

I think I'll do it...

And post your picture next to it...

Kittycat
10-14-02, 10:32 PM
I did last night!

Dont please....stop...you arent making me happy...you know how i get when im not happy...the countess may have some boots that need to be cleaned:redhotmad

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 10:37 PM
HA! Bring her on!

Kittycat
10-14-02, 10:38 PM
Dont do it please! Im as close to begging as Ill get come on!

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 10:40 PM
You're making me feel guilty...

Kittycat
10-14-02, 10:43 PM
evil....pure evil...that was NOT RIGHT.

Flannel Avenger
10-14-02, 10:44 PM
I deleted it though!

Kittycat
10-14-02, 10:47 PM
I know. Thank you.

Laura
10-18-02, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes:

See? SEE? No basement effects your mental state. :p

Flannel Avenger
10-18-02, 10:16 PM
effects?

Where's the Librarian when you need her...

Kittycat
10-18-02, 10:37 PM
with her big bro is where she be for the weekend.

:)

its affects.

Flannel Avenger
10-18-02, 10:40 PM
The second string librarian is here!

Kittycat
10-18-02, 10:49 PM
muah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ha

Laura
10-20-02, 03:07 PM

How do you know things aren't different in Canada? ;)

Tricia
10-20-02, 03:15 PM
Excuse me, but is the Librarian needed here? :redhotmad

Laura
10-20-02, 03:47 PM
No, dear lady. I accept that YOU have noticed an error in my spelling.:blush:

:angel:

Tricia
10-20-02, 03:49 PM
Only in your choice of words. :p